Rosalind Franklin Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hsushi22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would start things up. Congratulations to those that were accepted. Hope to meet you guys in August.

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations, looks like it's just us thus far. Are you 100% committed or still looking at other schools?

Congrats guys, its good to see this started up on here! I haven't made a final decision yet, but I enjoyed the visit and love Chicago. Anyone know if there is a second look scheduled? Also is there a Facebook page as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, there isn't a second look. (Kinda disappointed about that) and no Facebook group either. Not gonna lie would create one to join and see future class but I have no idea how to create ...

i'm probably going to go here, unless i get picked off the waitlist at my state school. Either way, excited to be starting med school

Can't wait to start!! :)

Congratulations, looks like it's just us thus far. Are you 100% committed or still looking at other schools?

@DrFabulous, yep, I'm pretty committed on going in the Fall. I've always wanted to be in my home state for med school.

Yea, it's too bad they don't give a second look, but I went up there anyways a few days ago. It looks like a good environment for studying, and students/faculty were very helpful.

Settled on RFU for next year. I went to check out the area last week over spring break. FYI, Forest Pointe apartments are very nice and quite a good deal.

Settled on RFU for next year. I went to check out the area last week over spring break. FYI, Forest Pointe apartments are very nice and quite a good deal.

how far away were those apartments? how much was rent?

how far away were those apartments? how much was rent?

They were about 3 miles away from campus, I think. One bedrooms started around $935 + utilities. But they were very nice, and it's a great area!

Does anyone know if RF gives out merit scholarships to incoming students? Has anyone been notified of one?

does anyone know about specific dates for the upcoming year? Like the official start date and when our white coat ceremony is?

does anyone know about specific dates for the upcoming year? Like the official start date and when our white coat ceremony is?

According to their academic calendar, orientations runs from 8/10 - 8/13, and classes begin on the 16th. I haven't found when exactly the white coat ceremony is. I'm sure they'll give us more info as time goes on, but I'd like to get some details soon as well!

To Class of 2014:

As Official CMS-Student Dean, welcome to the newest members of Chicago Medical School! For those who have not committed to CMS, I hope I can convince you to attend CMS.

This CMS-SD position is student-elected. For more info, I refer you to the website below, which is a newly-launched, well-organized website with a plethora of info that has been well-received by current students. As incoming M1s, your input will help develop it further. Thanks.
Website: http://sites.google.com/a/my.rfums.org/cmsstudentdean/quick-hits-1

For questions, comments, etc.:
Email: [email protected]

As for info re: white coat ceremony, I'll post it on this website when made available. You might hear before me. If so, please let me know ASAP.

I was a BMS student this year and will be coming into CMS as an M1A. Looking for a female roommate in my 2bd/1.5 bath apartment, $425/mo including heat, if you don't mind driving 10 minutes to campus (apartment in Waukegan). Message me if you're interested! :)

Hello everyone! I will be an M1 @ CMS in August and I have a whole slew of questions to ask both fellow M1s and any M2, M3, M4 students who feel like answering them. However, before I do that I would like to know the following:

1. Is this the thread where I should be asking said questions? They range from finding a roommate (directed towards M1s) to student life/finances/etc. (anything or anyone > M1).

2. Which are the most "popular" threads with respect to RFUMS/CMS? Though I have followed this website for quite some time, I haven't posted until today. Since I'm "not-quite-a-medical-student-yet-but-not-quite-a-pre-med-anymore," I would like to know whether my questions are more likely to be answered in the CMS part of the pre-medical student part of the forums or the medical student part of the forums.

3. For search purposes, what term(s) would yield results most relevant to our medical school? I'm a hardcore pragmatist, so I would like to know if I should be running searches for: CMS, RFUMS, Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, CMS @ RFUMS, Finch Medical School, Chicago Medical School @ RFUMS, and...well - I hope I've made my point!

I have a hunch that CMSStudentDean would probably be able to best answer these questions, but I'm open to any and all responses. I really don't care too much who they're from so long as they help steer me in the correct direction.

If I don't get too many from people on the forums, then I'm sure I'll be meeting many of you in person in a few months.

Until then - take care!

I'm an M4 - if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'll try to follow this thread, too.

Last edited: