Rosalind Franklin Masters of Biomedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJPJ69Camaro

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this Masters of Biomedical Sciences at Rosalind Franklin? And what about Post-bac programs and these Master programs? Are they just backdoor ways to get in?

My friend is applying to medical school and got accepted to the Masters of Biomedical Sciences at Rosalind Franklin. His grades in undergrad were not very stellar which is why he probably didn't get in to medical school right away. He was accepted into some Post-bac programs and masters programs that gaurantee interviews into their medical schools. But he is not sure whether he should do this program or retake the pre-med classes that he received C's in undergrad. What do you guys think? Should he repeat the premed classes that he received C's in or do a Masters or Post-bac program that are different classes?

Members don't see this ad.

DJPJ69Camaro said:
Does anyone know anything about this Masters of Biomedical Sciences at Rosalind Franklin? And what about Post-bac programs and these Master programs? Are they just backdoor ways to get in?

My friend is applying to medical school and got accepted to the Masters of Biomedical Sciences at Rosalind Franklin. His grades in undergrad were not very stellar which is why he probably didn't get in to medical school right away. He was accepted into some Post-bac programs and masters programs that gaurantee interviews into their medical schools. But he is not sure whether he should do this program or retake the pre-med classes that he received C's in undergrad. What do you guys think? Should he repeat the premed classes that he received C's in or do a Masters or Post-bac program that are different classes?

Hard to answer as they changed it from the Applied Physio program. They stressed that it won't be like the previous years and there's no guarantee who'll get accepted into the med school. Also, I heard RUMORS that they are going to take only a top percentage of the class only. I looked at the curriculum and noticed you will still be taking the same med classes as the AP program. Looks a lot like the AP program w/ some alterations. So it's a risk you're taken being the first class and all. When looking at the FAQ's I found this...

"Students enrolled in the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences who submit applications to other programs or schools within Rosalind Franklin University will be granted an admissions interview with that program or school. However, no preference is given to BMS students regarding acceptance into any program or school at Rosalind Franklin University, including the Chicago Medical School."

http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/srhs/bms/faq.cfm

so it sounds like there is a guaranteed interview still as w/ the AP program. Remember w/ the AP program there was always a disclaimer that there's no guaranteed acceptance into med school.

Sorry I can't help you anymore and it's a big financial risk to take, but hey if you're willing to work your butt off and get really good grades, of course the school would want to keep you. =)

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone out there considering the Master of Biosciences? Anyone who thinks that it may not be necessary?

Orchid 209 said:
Hard to answer as they changed it from the Applied Physio program. They stressed that it won't be like the previous years and there's no guarantee who'll get accepted into the med school. Also, I heard RUMORS that they are going to take only a top percentage of the class only. I looked at the curriculum and noticed you will still be taking the same med classes as the AP program. Looks a lot like the AP program w/ some alterations. So it's a risk you're taken being the first class and all. When looking at the FAQ's I found this...

"Students enrolled in the Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences who submit applications to other programs or schools within Rosalind Franklin University will be granted an admissions interview with that program or school. However, no preference is given to BMS students regarding acceptance into any program or school at Rosalind Franklin University, including the Chicago Medical School."

http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/srhs/bms/faq.cfm

so it sounds like there is a guaranteed interview still as w/ the AP program. Remember w/ the AP program there was always a disclaimer that there's no guaranteed acceptance into med school.

Sorry I can't help you anymore and it's a big financial risk to take, but hey if you're willing to work your butt off and get really good grades, of course the school would want to keep you. =)

Good luck!