Rosalind Franklin Pre Matriculation Program (PMP) 2019 entering class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlackStar90

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I'm posting this because I do not see a current thread for those who are applying to this program. I can't find much on what benchmarks must be made in the program to gain admission into the medical school. I was hoping you all could share the knowledge on the subject. Also, does anyone know if this program is rolling admissions? I look forward to the discussion.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I'm posting this because I do not see a current thread for those who are applying to this program. I can't find much on what benchmarks must be made in the program to gain admission into the medical school. I was hoping you all could share the knowledge on the subject. Also, does anyone know if this program is rolling admissions? I look forward to the discussion.

Hey! I've been looking to see if I could find a more recent thread discussing this program as well but was not successful in doing so. I suppose we might as well pave the way lol

I spoke to someone at the office regarding the requirements and was told the matriculation requirements were a B or better in 3 med school level classes, a letter from the committee and an interview with the medical school. I've also spoken to a former PMP student and was told if you're not able to meet the B requirement at first, they're good about giving you another chance (retaking the class, if I recall correctly).

In terms of admission, I'm not sure if it's officially rolling because the office says they won't be getting back to applicants until after June 1st. But I was told by an alumni that the earlier you submit, the better so maybe it'll just matter in terms of how soon you hear back AFTER June 1st. But applying earlier than later can't hurt.

Hope that helped!

Hey! I've been looking to see if I could find a more recent thread discussing this program as well but was not successful in doing so. I suppose we might as well pave the way lol

I spoke to someone at the office regarding the requirements and was told the matriculation requirements were a B or better in 3 med school level classes, a letter from the committee and an interview with the medical school. I've also spoken to a former PMP student and was told if you're not able to meet the B requirement at first, they're good about giving you another chance (retaking the class, if I recall correctly).

In terms of admission, I'm not sure if it's officially rolling because the office says they won't be getting back to applicants until after June 1st. But I was told by an alumni that the earlier you submit, the better so maybe it'll just matter in terms of how soon you hear back AFTER June 1st. But applying earlier than later can't hurt.

Hope that helped!
Yes lets pave the way! LoL & thanks for responding! And really? I asked the Coordinator who said it was not rolling admissions but I guess it does make sense on the earlier the better. And the set up sounds awesome! The Coordinator also said that the PMP students have lecture as a cohort which is awesome so it can be more intimate.

And that set up sounds so awesome! 3 classes B or better sounds achievable for sure!

And that was going to be my next question is when would they plan to announce who is accepted. But this program starts in August right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes lets pave the way! LoL & thanks for responding! And really? I asked the Coordinator who said it was not rolling admissions but I guess it does make sense on the earlier the better. And the set up sounds awesome! The Coordinator also said that the PMP students have lecture as a cohort which is awesome so it can be more intimate.

And that set up sounds so awesome! 3 classes B or better sounds achievable for sure!

And that was going to be my next question is when would they plan to announce who is accepted. But this program starts in August right?

Yeah they only accept a small number of students so I can imagine it's a very tight-knit group.

The B requirement doesn't sound bad at all but they're med school level classes so I've heard they're very intense and it can even be difficult to get to the B. :/ But I'm sure with hard work it's doable.

It does start in August so it's a small time-frame from when they start getting back to students but I know a girl who was accepted 2 weeks before the program started & she was able to figure it out lol. There's hope.

Yeah they only accept a small number of students so I can imagine it's a very tight-knit group.

The B requirement doesn't sound bad at all but they're med school level classes so I've heard they're very intense and it can even be difficult to get to the B. :/ But I'm sure with hard work it's doable.

It does start in August so it's a small time-frame from when they start getting back to students but I know a girl who was accepted 2 weeks before the program started & she was able to figure it out lol. There's hope.
Yes indeed. I hope we both get in!!! I hope I know a little more than 2 weeks lol. I'll be coming from Los Angeles.

Last edited:

Do you know if they are able to have student housing? How do they pay for housing? Loans?

Yes indeed. I hope we both get in!!! I hope I know a little more than 2 weeks lol. I'll be coming from Los Angeles.

I know, I really hope we do too! Oh yeah that's a troop. You'll probably need more time lol. When did you submit your application? The student I was talking about submitted in May.

In regards to your housing ?s: No I don't think they pay for housing. The program itself is free but it says on the site students are responsible for cost of living and I'm assuming housing is part of that. Site also says federal financial aid isn't available so I'm assuming if you need loans they'll have to be private.

I know, I really hope we do too! Oh yeah that's a troop. You'll probably need more time lol. When did you submit your application? The student I was talking about submitted in May.

In regards to your housing ?s: No I don't think they pay for housing. The program itself is free but it says on the site students are responsible for cost of living and I'm assuming housing is part of that. Site also says federal financial aid isn't available so I'm assuming if you need loans they'll have to be private.
Dang smh.... And I submit today. I decided to keep working on it till today

Hi guys!
I applied to this program as well! Does anyone know what classes we take along with the med students and what the schedule is like? Also to those who spoke with current or former PMP students, what was their opinion of the program?

Dang smh.... And I submit today. I decided to keep working on it till today

Hopefully it won't make too much of a difference since it's not technically rolling admissions. Fingers crossed.

Hi guys!
I applied to this program as well! Does anyone know what classes we take along with the med students and what the schedule is like? Also to those who spoke with current or former PMP students, what was their opinion of the program?

Hello!

If I remember correctly one was a seminar and another was a neuro-related course. I don't remember the third. The former PMP student I spoke to said she had a lot more free time during the program compared to when she actually started med school. I think that's because PMP students take less classes. Otherwise she liked PMP because the staff and advisors were/are really supportive. I visited the school and from what I saw it definitely seemed like the program director was a great supporter of his students as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello!

If I remember correctly one was a seminar and another was a neuro-related course. I don't remember the third. The former PMP student I spoke to said she had a lot more free time during the program compared to when she actually started med school. I think that's because PMP students take less classes. Otherwise she liked PMP because the staff and advisors were/are really supportive. I visited the school and from what I saw it definitely seemed like the program director was a great supporter of his students as well.
I was told you PMP students take 3 med school level classes but only as a cohort. And as long as you get better than a B (although it's hard to do cuz it's med school level classes) then you're good and then only have to worry about the MCAT.

I just submitted my application for this program . I wonder what is the avg stats of accepted students

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my application for this program . I wonder what is the avg stats of accepted students
And how do you know if they are reviewing your application I submitted mine June1 but rfucas emailed me saying I put my transcript wrong so I had to resubmit but it still says I submitted on June1

And how do you know if they are reviewing your application I submitted mine June1 but rfucas emailed me saying I put my transcript wrong so I had to resubmit but it still says I submitted on June1

Eventually you will get an email saying your app is complete and under review

I was told we would get decisions between the second and third week of June this year :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hello!

Thank you!!

Hello!

Thank you!!

I was told we would get decisions between the second and third week of June this year :)

Hey, I was wondering who told you this? Was it someone in admissions? I was thinking of calling next Monday to ask.

Hey, I was wondering who told you this? Was it someone in admissions? I was thinking of calling next Monday to ask.

Hey, someone named Manny Dotel told me this. & yes, he works in the office of Admissions & Enrollment as the Associate Director!

Has anyone heard anything back yet?

I'm hoping we get some good news soon!

I called today and they said that they are trying to get decisions out at the end of June.
I spoke to a lady, she was very nice. I'm wishing the best for all of us!

I spoke to a lady, she was very nice. I'm wishing the best for all of us!
Looks like we’re waiting another week.
How are y’all handling your stress/anxiety in this waiting period? I’m constantly checking my phone for an email every hour

Looks like we’re waiting another week.
How are y’all handling your stress/anxiety in this waiting period? I’m constantly checking my phone for an email every hour
Try not to stress. For me I just prayed about it and so what happens happens lol. No reason to stress. We will know soon enough.

If you complete this program
Can you apply to other medical schools

If you complete this program
Can you apply to other medical schools
Good question. I would imagine if u have already submitted why not. But u would be taking MCAT late if u haven't already knocked it out so your list of eligible ones to apply for would be limited to when u take the MCAT if that makes sense

Hey everyone, I just finished the BMS program at RFU and I'm getting ready to matriculate into CMS. I'll also be tutoring for BMS/PMP for the upcoming academic year. We took a lot of the same courses together. I can't answer every question about PMP, but I can answer questions about the courses you would be taking and what kind of performance you would need to matriculate into CMS.

1) All As and Bs (As are always better)
2) Get involved on campus
3) Good interview

The core science classes are difficult, But manageable. Neuro and physio give people the most trouble, but don't sleep on CMCB- which is early in the year!

If you're coming, come ready to work! It's not easy. But I have friends from the PMP program that will be joining me in CMS Class of 23 because they put in the effort and made it happen. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the school. Good luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Now they are saying decisions will be given out the first or second week of July :confused:...The wait continues...

Now they are saying decisions will be given out the first or second week of July :confused:...The wait continues...
This makes it extremely tricky for me because I'm coming all the way from the West coast. And I was accepted into a linkage program similar to this at another school (starts August 1st) but I like this program beacuse of the smaller class size and better odds... Lol. But I guess nothing can be done about it.

Does anyone have any idea of the stats of accepted students from the PMP program and how many they accept

Hey everyone, I just finished the BMS program at RFU and I'm getting ready to matriculate into CMS. I'll also be tutoring for BMS/PMP for the upcoming academic year. We took a lot of the same courses together. I can't answer every question about PMP, but I can answer questions about the courses you would be taking and what kind of performance you would need to matriculate into CMS.

3) Good interview

The core science classes are difficult, But manageable. Neuro and physio give people the most trouble, but don't sleep on CMCB- which is early in the year!

If you're coming, come ready to work! It's not easy. But I have friends from the PMP program that will be joining me in CMS Class of 23 because they put in the effort and made it happen. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the school. Good luck!
What’s CMCB?

Does anyone have any idea of the stats of accepted students from the PMP program and how many they accept

PMP class size is small (Maybe 15-20? Ball park estimate) - If you have stats similar to those accepted into the BMS program you should be good. Those averages are available on the website. But if you have a lot to offer they may overlook lower numbers, it's hard to say. Just apply and see what happens!

Oh man, did admissions tell you this? I really hope it’s the first week so we have enough time to figure out housing and etc.

Oh man, did admissions tell you this? I really hope it’s the first week so we have enough time to figure out housing and etc.
Right smh. It is almost impossible to figure everything out on 2 weeks being in another state etc smh

3) Good interview

Thanks so much for the information!
Do you know the typical schedule for a PMP student and how many credit they have to take? On the website it says additional coursework may be required but the program runs from August to December? So after December can we elect to take courses or is this when they’ll be offering interviews?

Yes, admissions told me this. Seems like they say something different every time I call & it’s kinda stressing me out lol. I’m also praying that it’s sooner rather than later. Does anyone know when classes start?

August 6th is the first day of orientation
Omg this is wildddd but I'm up for a challenge! Do you know if they help us with finding housing? Cuz I feel like it'll be difficult to find housing if they get back to us with a month or so left before orientation.

Do you know if they help us with finding housing? Cuz I feel like it'll be difficult to find housing if they get back to us with a month or so left before orientation.

I lived off campus, so they never assisted me in finding housing. But finding housing in a month is no problem if you're diligent! Consider Lake Bluff, Waukegan, and Gurnee as well if you're looking for off campus, but Navy Housing is easily the most affordable option and it's right across the street. If you're looking to live in student housing they will help you.

Reactions: 2 users