Rosalind Franklin (RFU) vs Similarly-Tiered Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RunnerDad

Reaction score
Apologies if there is a better subforum for this, but I've read some recent trashing of RFU on Reddit due to what a current student purportedly claims is the school's recent Board failure rate of 40%. I am suspicious of the accuracy of that estimate, and although I don't have data either way to confirm or refute it, am hoping the wise minds of SDN can weigh in on this rumor since it would be a worse failure rate than many Caribbean schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Apologies if there is a better subforum for this, but I've read some recent trashing of RFU on Reddit due to what a current student purportedly claims is the school's recent Board failure rate of 40%. I am suspicious of the accuracy of that estimate, and although I don't have data either way to confirm or refute it, am hoping the wise minds of SDN can weigh in on this rumor since it would be a worse failure rate than many Caribbean schools.
40% board failure rate for an accredited US MD program has to be a mistake. There's no way that's real. RFU's website lists 96% step 1 pass rate, but of course you should take school-reported numbers with a grain of salt.

Reactions: 1 user
RFU M2 here. I can confirm that it is not 40% fail rate. Granted I'm going off the school at a recent academic session regarding Step 1 prep. But it appears the first-pass success for Step 1 at RFU is 87% (92% first pass nationally, but do not know if that's for MD or MD+DO+IMGs). I think it's safe to assume the overall pass rate is a tad higher, so 96 isn't unreasonable. But again, I will concede that this is what admin is telling us