Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PhD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuroPsychosis

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not much is said about this program on here. I recently learned from their website that starting last fall (this fall entering cohort too), students in the PhD clinical psychology program received %100 of their tuition waived for the 4 years in residence. I know they cannot guarantee a stipend/ fellowship be provided but stated that their students had been able to obtain research assistantships for a low amount per year (that can go towards housing etc..). Do you believe this program is worth the shot? especially if it was the only choice at the end. Their match and licensure rates look phenomenal to me. Any input about the quality of the program is appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Not much is said about this program on here. I recently learned from their website that starting last fall (this fall entering cohort too), students in the PhD clinical psychology program received %100 of their tuition waived for the 4 years in residence. I know they cannot guarantee a stipend/ fellowship be provided but stated that their students had been able to obtain research assistantships for a low amount per year (that can go towards housing etc..). Do you believe this program is worth the shot? especially if it was the only choice at the end. Their match and licensure rates look phenomenal to me. Any input about the quality of the program is appreciated!
Never heard of it, but stats look good- relatively small cohorts (which usually translates to easier time finding funding), good match and graduation stats, low attrition, high licensure rates, etc. Funding-to-cost ratio is just ok (website says 2020 cohort entered with 75% tuition waiver guaranteed, and what seems like a low annual stipend for RA of 8500, which is half of what I got back in the 90's!). Overall, if there's a faculty that's a good match with your research interests, seems like a decent option.

Reactions: 1 user
I've worked with 2 people from here, both neuro people. One is a good clinician and researcher at Mayo, other also good clinician in PP. Low n, but good personal experiences with these people.

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed there for their neuro track about 6 or so years ago. I remember being super impressed by the program. It seemed really well run and they consistently produced competitive neuropsych trainees. I do remember being surprised though by how common it was for students to take 7 or more years to finish the program, so that’s something to look more into if the program becomes an option.

I interviewed there for their neuro track about 6 or so years ago. I remember being super impressed by the program. It seemed really well run and they consistently produced competitive neuropsych trainees. I do remember being surprised though by how common it was for students to take 7 or more years to finish the program, so that’s something to look more into if the program becomes an option.

My take from the people I know and conversations I've had with them is that a lot of these students are angling for research or research/clinical AMC type jobs, and may be spending an extra year or two beefing up their research section of their CVs to be competitive in that shrinking job market.

Thank you. Yeah, I figured actually now they set the program length to 5 years including internship. I was worried about funding but realized they started to fully fund the program just recently. Although their stipend may end up low compared to other schools, I believe it may be worth the ride if I had no other option/offers in such competitive atmosphere.