Roseman

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tunaman

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
4th interview just trickled in...to Roseman! I am from the tri-state area and the closest interview I've received was to Pitt...and they're not even that close. Nonetheless, I am fortunate to be in this position, I just wish the local schools would show some love because I know they've been sending out interviews for the last 2 weeks. These flights are starting to add up lol

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Congrats! Just got mine as well. Mine is scheduled for Oct 12th.

congrats to you both!! I'm hoping to hear from them too!
What are yalls stats if you don't mind me asking?

Members don't see this ad :)
my first one! im about to call now to schedule..im from the east coast as well

congrats to you both!! I'm hoping to hear from them too!
What are yalls stats if you don't mind me asking?

3.36o 3.27sci
21aa/22ts/24pat

do they give some options or are they online or anything? i want to try to check flight prices and then book

They asked if i could go on the 28th of this month but i already have another booked for that day. The person who picked up was really nice and offered me the next available date.

3.53cGPA and 3.65sGPA, 19/20/21, non-traditional applicant. Scheduled mine for October 12th

Last edited:
my first one! im about to call now to schedule..im from the east coast as well

I checked out flights from the Northeast region to salt lake city, i came up with around 250 round trip

i tried calling and noone is picking up =(

just got through to Amanda and will be there on October 26th

Members don't see this ad :)
im booked for the 26th too!

anyone interested in checking out salt lake area let me know...im going to be flying in staying from 10/25-10/28 ...1st night in south jordan and then 2 nights in salt lake city

i got the rental for $75 for all 3 days and hotel's $44/nite so wasnt too bad...figured i check out the area while there since im dropping money on a flight....just in case it comes down to choosing between roseman and any other school - at least i have a better idea where i may be for 4 years

I'll be there Oct. 26th as well! I'm finding $188 from Denver, pretty nice price!

Scheduled mine for Oct.12th as well. Really looking forward to it :)

Scheduled for Nov. 9th. I was hoping for a late october date, but it'll have to do. The next available date was dec. 7th.

if anyone of you guys/gals have questions about roseman or finding a hotel or something feel free to ask

For those who have interview on Sept. 28, 2012. I (male) rent a 2-queen-beds room at Super 8 hotel for $66.84 (1.1mile from campus) the night before interview. Anyone wants to split this room and taxi fare, please let me know.
Good luck you all of us!!!

Last edited:
Scheduled for Nov. 9th. I was hoping for a late october date, but it'll have to do. The next available date was dec. 7th.

Well.. I guess all the interview invitation for this year (aka pre-Dec) is out then?
It seems like schedule is filled up quite nicely....without my spot :(

Well.. I guess all the interview invitation for this year (aka pre-Dec) is out then?
It seems like schedule is filled up quite nicely....without my spot :(

Hey LeoK. I know during this time it is quite stressful for everyone. If you've done all you can and have everything in order, then all you can do is wait. You'll hear from the schools eventually. Just a little patience. Good luck.

There is alcohol but, if you go out there are some crazy laws about having to be a member of a private club to drink alcohol within that establishment (at least in downtown Salt Lake). So you end up paying a fee to "become a member" to drink for the night. It is kind of like cover charge but, they are required by law to charge it. For buying alcohol outside of a bar, I believe they sell beer in grocery stores but if you want liquor you have to go to a state owned liquor store.

There is alcohol but, if you go out there are some crazy laws about having to be a member of a private club to drink alcohol within that establishment (at least in downtown Salt Lake). So you end up paying a fee to "become a member" to drink for the night. It is kind of like cover charge but, they are required by law to charge it. For buying alcohol outside of a bar, I believe they sell beer in grocery stores but if you want liquor you have to go to a state owned liquor store.

It's no different then any other state. I lived in Utah for 22 years and getting alcohol is easy. Grocery stores have alcohol and liquor..they just don't have as good of selection as local liquor stores. There are a ton of bars in downtown salt lake that don't charge you to be a member. They are the same as they are anywhere else. People are so dramatic about Utah being strict about alcohol and other crap. Just because there are a lot of LDS people doesn't means it is some bubble where no one can drink or have a good time SLC is predominantly non LDS.

Congrats you guys with interviews.
Im a 1st year at Roseman right now. I love this school. The interview is pretty stress-free. Just be yourself and if you really like the school and want to get in, make sure to let them know that cause that is what they are looking for.
Good luck guys.

also, did everyone get confirmation email? the office lady told me that I will get a confirmation email, but did not get it yet... :/
I have interview on Sept 28, and I just got the confirmation email this afternoon.:xf::xf::xf:

I (Female) have interview on Nov. 9th and was wondering if anyone wants to share/split taxi&room?
PM me if anyone is interested. :)

also, did everyone get confirmation email? the office lady told me that I will get a confirmation email, but did not get it yet... :/

they told me id be getting a confirmation email a few days or weeks before the interview

Only alcohol you'll find in grocery stores is 4% or less. Wines, liquor, strong beers all will have to be bought at liquor stores. If you end up getting accepted and coming, I would suggest loading your trailer up with some libations.

Only alcohol you'll find in grocery stores is 4% or less. Wines, liquor, strong beers all will have to be bought at liquor stores. If you end up getting accepted and coming, I would suggest loading your trailer up with some libations.

Haha. Maybe it's time to produce your own alcohol and trust our valuable microbe, yeast. Would you happen to know about the amount of alcohol you can legally produce per person in Utah?

aw man, i should call them back tomorrow morning. I left a message and email yesterday and they didnt call me back today. I'll try and get an early interview date. November is sooo late. :(

Haha. Maybe it's time to produce your own alcohol and trust our valuable microbe, yeast. Would you happen to know about the amount of alcohol you can legally produce per person in Utah?

I don't think it matters. Brew away!

You definitely do not need to load up trailers of alcohol. Its easy to buy alcohol here. There arent that many liquor stores but the selection is pretty good. Most have a really nice spread of microbrews (local and regional) and some great whiskeys that I couldn't find back on the east coast.

Bars are a little different tho. You don't need to be a member or anything like you used to. Just walk right in! Beer out of the tap has to be less than 4% but bottles can be any alcohol content. Also you can't have more than one of the same type of drink in front of you at the same time (eg 2 beers or 2 mixed drinks).

Im a current D1 at Roseman so feel free to ask any questions! If you guys are looking for fun stuff to do while your here to interview let me know. Im an east coaster (Pennsylvania) who loves this place!

has anyone had problems calling into the office to arrange an interview? I tried the day after I got the email, and didnt get a reply and called multiple times throughout the day today and didnt get a reply.

You definitely do not need to load up trailers of alcohol. Its easy to buy alcohol here. There arent that many liquor stores but the selection is pretty good. Most have a really nice spread of microbrews (local and regional) and some great whiskeys that I couldn't find back on the east coast.

Bars are a little different tho. You don't need to be a member or anything like you used to. Just walk right in! Beer out of the tap has to be less than 4% but bottles can be any alcohol content. Also you can't have more than one of the same type of drink in front of you at the same time (eg 2 beers or 2 mixed drinks).

Im a current D1 at Roseman so feel free to ask any questions! If you guys are looking for fun stuff to do while your here to interview let me know. Im an east coaster (Pennsylvania) who loves this place!

lol good stuff to know..thankss...im coming from jersey and staying for the weekend after my interview...any good local spots to check out?

Scheduled my interview for October 26th!!

has anyone had problems calling into the office to arrange an interview? I tried the day after I got the email, and didnt get a reply and called multiple times throughout the day today and didnt get a reply.

I've been having a similar problem, for the past 3 days... I've left voicemails and also an email. I've called at different times of the day as well. Still no luck.

Hopefully, our luck changes soon. I don't know if I'm calling the right number, but it is the same number that was written on the email invitation. :(

same here, probably called between 15-20 times wednesday, thursday, and friday

try at the end of the day like around 3 or 4 their time.

I've been having a similar problem, for the past 3 days... I've left voicemails and also an email. I've called at different times of the day as well. Still no luck.

Hopefully, our luck changes soon. I don't know if I'm calling the right number, but it is the same number that was written on the email invitation. :(

Ya I'll try again Monday, but yea the number they gave us is correct since Amanda Farr, is the associate dean of student services, so she would be in charge of this kind of stuff. Plus I've communicated with her via email before during the app process to send in transcripts and such.

Ya I'll try again Monday, but yea the number they gave us is correct since Amanda Farr, is the associate dean of student services, so she would be in charge of this kind of stuff. Plus I've communicated with her via email before during the app process to send in transcripts and such.

They get pretty busy so just keep trying. Alternatively, you could always leave a message/email so you're not calling too much. As a correction though, Amanda is not an associate dean.