Rotating at AF bases

Started by bretonnia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bretonnia

Studley Man
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a limit to the number of rotations one can fulfill at an AF hospital? Next year when I begin rotations, I would prefer to complete as many of my core rotations at an AF base as possible. Do military hospitals allow students to complete all of their core rotations on site, or is it only a rotation here and there type of thing?

Does anyone have any experience with this type of thing?

I've looked for answers on SDN and on the web and haven't found anything conclusive.
 
You will only be limited by the amount of cash you have in the bank, whether the hospital you want to rotate at has medical students in the programs in which you want to rotate, and if there are open slots.

I did almost my entire fourth year of medical school at one Navy hospital.