Rotating in Oct/Nov?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MD2001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all I was wondering if anyone had advice about rotating in October/November? Im planning on already doing 3 Rad onc rotations (2 away and 1 home). I know that it'll be too late for letters but I was wondering if it might be worth it to try and get an extra interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey there!

First off, good luck with this upcoming interview season. It can be long and tiring, but is well worth it in the end!

IMHO 3 Rad Onc rotations is enough - 1 home and 2 away. Oct/Nov rotations make things logistically tough at times. First off, ASTRO is in October (early) and most programs wont have all that many faculty or residents hanging around the dept that week. Also, prelim programs are often interviewing throughout the end of October and definitely in November. Some of my first few Rad Onc interviews were also in November, and having these couple of months to focus on getting my prelim program interviews and first few rad onc IVs out of the way made scheduling the rest of my rad onc interviews that much better in December and January, where the meat of the interviews occur. Also, each of these away rotations are pretty intense and you'll be tired after even 3 of them.