Rotation spin results '10-11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmacy Kid

LCDR
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you all get lucky with the spin?

Overall I'm satisfied with what I have. I got four that I wanted (VA, IHS, Poison Control Center, Teaching skills lab) :thumbup:

I missed out on prison pharmacy :thumbdown: and for the acute care req'ment, I received psychiatry instead of oncology.

Members don't see this ad.

You know so quickly? we don't officially turn ours in until february, but do you get out of state rotations? I applied to the FDA rotation but have yet to apply for the sanofi-aventis/industry and Natural Standard...

Did you all get lucky with the spin?

Overall I'm satisfied with what I have. I got four that I wanted (VA, IHS, Poison Control Center, Teaching skills lab) :thumbup:

I missed out on prison pharmacy :thumbdown: and for the acute care req'ment, I received psychiatry instead of oncology.

VA and IHS are great places to learn! I hear poision control can be interesting. Good luck, looks like you will have a good year ahead of you!

Members don't see this ad :)
You know so quickly? we don't officially turn ours in until february, but do you get out of state rotations? I applied to the FDA rotation but have yet to apply for the sanofi-aventis/industry and Natural Standard...

My school had us enter our picks before the break. Then we found out our results this week of the semester. We can get some out of state rotations (only the communities can be out of state). IHS is not regarded as out of state. I'm doing mine in Chinle, AZ.

I hear FDA slots fill up quick but good luck with getting that.

Last edited:
VA and IHS are great places to learn! I hear poision control can be interesting. Good luck, looks like you will have a good year ahead of you!

I have good vibes about next year too! Most pharmacists and residents told me to choose what interests me so I decided to go for the non-traditional and unusual. This is basically our last chance in school to see what's out there in pharmacy.

IHS is gonna be the big rotation for me. If I see it's even close to what people tell me, there's a 90% chance I'll apply as a career.

IHS is gonna be the big rotation for me. If I see it's even close to what people tell me, there's a 90% chance I'll apply as a career.

I am thinking the same thing. The rural locations are the main drawback for me right now but not a deal breaker.

I am thinking the same thing. The rural locations are the main drawback for me right now but not a deal breaker.

A lot of my classmates are really excited about it! it looks like an amazing rotation. A lot of people were also trying to go to alaska (i forget which medical center - but supposedly it's pretty good) for an oncology rotation.

A lot of my classmates are really excited about it! it looks like an amazing rotation. A lot of people were also trying to go to alaska (i forget which medical center - but supposedly it's pretty good) for an oncology rotation.

A particular site looks like an amazing rotation or IHS rotations in general?

Alaskan Native Medical Center is the IHS hospital in AK.

A particular site looks like an amazing rotation or IHS rotations in general?

Alaskan Native Medical Center is the IHS hospital in AK.

I was referring to the IHS in Montana. I didn't know the AK one was IHS too.

Hi, I just got accepted for the FDA rotation in MD. Has anyone done this before? What are the expectation? Anyone with experience?

Not quite sure, but from this vague circle in this powerpoint, I'm assuming it's the Crow Indian Reservation or the Northern Cheyenne.

Probably on Crow, I don't remember the city, though I've been there once for a conference. Not terribly far from Billings. I was on the Roosevelt Res for almost a year back in 99-00.

Hi, I just got accepted for the FDA rotation in MD. Has anyone done this before? What are the expectation? Anyone with experience?

it depends on your rotation site. at DDMAC they attended meetings and just had 1 big presentation at the end. At ODG I did a labeling consult, at DTD I assisted on the ACCME re-accreditation effort. While in a review division I spent time just attending meetings and did a presentation for the division on pregnancy and lactation labeling. If you have a good preceptor you can make it out to be whatever you want as long as they're willing to help you. At OGD I got to spend my 4 weeks rotating around the whole Metro Park North complex in different groups.

Just got my rotation schedule today. It's pretty sweet. 1 industry, 2 infectious disease (one inpatient, one outpatient w/ kaiser), 1 critical care, 1 research, and then the general inpatient and community ones.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone doing a pikeville rotation in KY and if so, where are you looking for housing. I have one in the month of July and don't know where to begin with housing?

Please help and thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

Just wanted to know if there is anyone doing a pikeville rotation in KY and if so, where are you looking for housing. I have one in the month of July and don't know where to begin with housing?

Please help and thanks in advance!

I'm not going there, but I'd check craigslist and their local newspaper classifieds online.