Rotations Jun-Sept or Aug-Dec?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trkd

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, help a sister out here. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to organize my electives. Due to my schedule down under (I'm in Australia) I can do Jun-Sept (4 electives) or Aug-Dec (4 or 5 electives).

- :thumbup: Jun-Sept is good because I can get 2 SLORs in good time for application.

-However, if I do Aug-Dec, I can be rotating at the programs I really want to interview at around the Oct/Nov/Dec time :thumbup: . Problem is that I would be asking for the 2nd SLOR at the end of September and it seems like that might be pushing it :thumbdown: .

:oops: Enter thoughts here please.

Thanks and good luck to all of you anxiously awaiting out there!

Members don't see this ad.

trkd said:
Hey all, help a sister out here. I am trying to figure out what is the best way to organize my electives. Due to my schedule down under (I'm in Australia) I can do Jun-Sept (4 electives) or Aug-Dec (4 or 5 electives).

- :thumbup: Jun-Sept is good because I can get 2 SLORs in good time for application.

-However, if I do Aug-Dec, I can be rotating at the programs I really want to interview at around the Oct/Nov/Dec time :thumbup: . Problem is that I would be asking for the 2nd SLOR at the end of September and it seems like that might be pushing it :thumbdown: .

:oops: Enter thoughts here please.

Thanks and good luck to all of you anxiously awaiting out there!

End of Sept is OK, end of Oct is not. I don't think it matters.

BKN said:
End of Sept is OK, end of Oct is not. I don't think it matters.

Thanks BKN.

I'll also ask another question while I am being curious and all. When you send LORs to programs with your app, is it good/bad/indifferent to send a letter you received from that particular institution or should you switch it up?

Members don't see this ad :)
YOu should most def use letters you got from that institution.

trkd said:
Thanks BKN.

I'll also ask another question while I am being curious and all. When you send LORs to programs with your app, is it good/bad/indifferent to send a letter you received from that particular institution or should you switch it up?

Absolutely send letters from me to me to remind me what good things I said about you (the short term memory loss thing). :eek: :laugh:

BKN said:
Absolutely send letters from me to me to remind me what good things I said about you (the short term memory loss thing). :eek: :laugh:

Come on BKN, you're not that old. Plus, I am unforgettable. (But just in case I am forgettable, I'll send it anyway ;))

Thank you both. Good luck Ectopic!

I did an away rotation in Oct, got a letter from them and had it all turned in in time for the ERAS deadline. I didn't have a choice due to scheduling conflicts of mandatory rotations, etc.

I don't recommend later than Sept, but it CAN be done if you do it in Oct, it's just pushing it.

KB