RUNNING OUT OF TIME..WHAT TO DO???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jannatjmss

Reaction score
I have been out of pharmacy school for quite a while now. Have taken the naplex twice and have failed, and am taking it a third and God willing last time April 2020. I am spending the majority of my time every day focusing on math & Biostatistics, but with the little time I already have before April's exam, in regards to the science chapters, I am thinking of mainly focusing on high yield topics like DM, all Cardio, Psych, etc.

I know most people wouldn't agree with this method, but in your opinion, what would you guys consider to be the high yield science chapters?

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
How long have you been out of pharmacy school? You should know by now what your weak points are.
Are your classmates in the same boat and have failed exams as well because maybe the school poorly prepared you guys? If you haven't already done so, you only need to read through RXPrep and do practice tests.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
How long have you been out of pharmacy school? Not sure how you could have failed a minimum competency exam twice but you should know by now what your weak points are.
Are your classmates in the same boat and have failed exams as well because maybe the school poorly prepared you guys? If you haven't already done so, you only need to read through RXPrep and do practice tests.

If you don't have anything nice to say, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all?

Besides the point, your response did anything but answer the specific question that I had asked.

Thank you anyway for your response.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't have anything nice to say, then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all?

Besides the point, your response did anything but answer the specific question that I had asked.

Thank you anyway for your response.

I advised you to use RxPREP and do as much practice tests as possible. If this doesn't help you then you need to find a different career... It really is minimum competency. Third time is not a charm.

Reactions: 1 users
Which resources are using to study? If math is one of your weaknesses, I suggest using Prontopass math cards if you have the finances to do so. It is hard to say which topics to focus on because as you know anything could be on the exam. You still have a few months left to study, so you should try to read through at least 3 chapters per day. I'm not trying to be mean but it isn't wise to focus only on specific chapters. There is no such thing as high yield chapters, I recently took my exam and I had a lot of questions on random chapters. Try to map out a study schedule until the date of your exam and whichever resource you are using try to cover all chapters at least once.

Reactions: 1 user
Which resources are using to study? If math is one of your weaknesses, I suggest using Prontopass math cards if you have the finances to do so. It is hard to say which topics to focus on because as you know anything could be on the exam. You still have a few months left to study, so you should try to read through at least 3 chapters per day. I'm not trying to be mean but it isn't wise to focus only on specific chapters. There is no such thing as high yield chapters, I recently took my exam and I had a lot of questions on random chapters. Try to map out a study schedule until the date of your exam and whichever resource you are using try to cover all chapters at least once.

Thank you for your response, Kruzin90. I am using Passnaplexnow for science mainly, and rxprep for math and biostats. In regards to compounding, I feel like passnaplexnow does a better job than rxprep, but I may be wrong. Either way, I do appreciate your advice, and will do my best to fit all of the science in at least once before I sit for the exam in a few months. Thank you again! :)

Thank you for your response, Kruzin90. I am using Passnaplexnow for science mainly, and rxprep for math and biostats. In regards to compounding, I feel like passnaplexnow does a better job than rxprep, but I may be wrong. Either way, I do appreciate your advice, and will do my best to fit all of the science in at least once before I sit for the exam in a few months. Thank you again! :)

No problem! I am happy to help! I don't know much about Passnaplexnow but I do agree Rxprep lacks in compounding, I pretty much guessed on those questions. I am not great at math so I had to purchase additional help. Make sure you also study drug references and preparing IV meds in Rxprep, those are a lot of easy points. Best of luck to you! You got this!

good choice. I used Passnaplex after realizing rxprep is too wordy. Make sure to buy the online videos too

Compounding, biostats, calculations and infectious diseases are the topics you can't skip out on and you can more than likely pass the Naplex just knowing those 4 alone cause they make up a majority of the questions. Pretty much every other topic seems a random number of 1-5 questions per topic. Even thinking about when I took my exam, I can recall I had <20 questions adding up all the topics people expect to be very important being: Dyslipidemia, HTN, arrhythmia, diabetes and stroke/MI.

There seems to be some increasing emphasis on knowing cancer, HIV and hepatitis as some people say they had a lot and some say they barely touched it. I probably actually had more questions on those 3 topics than they supposedly important ones.

I have been out of pharmacy school for quite a while now. Have taken the naplex twice and have failed, and am taking it a third and God willing last time April 2020. I am spending the majority of my time every day focusing on math & Biostatistics, but with the little time I already have before April's exam, in regards to the science chapters, I am thinking of mainly focusing on high yield topics like DM, all Cardio, Psych, etc.

I know most people wouldn't agree with this method, but in your opinion, what would you guys consider to be the high yield science chapters?

Thank you in advance.

Hey! Many of the people here have given you really good topics to study. I would also encourage that you try to manage stress and test anxiety. Test anxiety is REAL, you might have it and not even know it! These are two important parts too. Find outlets to keep you focused and calm. This is a hard test regardless of what others say. It doesn't matter what everyone else in your class is doing or what year you graduated. You can do this! Keep yourself encouraged and in good spirits! I wish you the best of luck on your exam.

Main Topics: Infectious Disease, HTN, Cardiology, Hyperlipidemia, Diabetes, Oncology, HIV, Biostatistics, Drug Reference & Calculations
Secondary Topics: Thyroid, Alzheimer's, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Sickle Cell, Asthma, etc.