Rush vs. Missouri vs. OUWB vs. USF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RCN4KIDS

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
So it is coming up on d-day (May 15th decision day), and I am faced with some hard decisions. I am extremely grateful for all the opportunities and I just want to make the best choice for me and my future. I have been accepted into the following programs:

Rush Medical College - I'm from Chicago so close to home, but expensive
University of Missouri - love the PBL curriculum and Columbia, but out-of-state is expensive
OUWB School of Medicine - full tuition scholarship, student centered, and like integrated curriculum and capstone, but I worry about it being a newer school and affecting residency placement.
USF SELECT program - really unique leadership program, but I would have to move far from home and after two years move from Tampa to Lehigh, PA

At this point, I am leaning towards accepting the full scholarship to OUWB. They seem like they really know what they're doing with the new program and it seems like the kind of culture I want to be in. However, Rush has always been my dream school and Missouri has surprisingly won me over. I didn't have a chance to go to Second Look at OUWB and I honestly know very little about living in Rochester, MI. So that's my predicament and any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Full tuition scholarship + great hospital system is hard to turn down

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm biased because I'm on the waitlist at OUWB..... BUT I think you should figure out if you would be living at home if you were to go to Rush and also if you wish to maximize your chances for a residency in Chicago. If not, a full tuition scholarship sounds pretty amazing. I'm from Michigan so I can tell you not much is in Rochester but nearby cities like Royal Oak (where the main hospital is) have more to offer.