Rutgers Advanced Placement IDP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zomi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just found this forum and I am beyond thrilled. Could you please help me with information to get accepted in the Advanced Placement IDP program at Rutgers?

I went yesterday to NYU and they told me that out of 380 candidates, only 10 get accepted. At Rutgers, the placement is 27. I have a licence in Europe and have been practicing for over 10 years.
What does the school look for? Exam grades minimus (part I and II, Toefl, etc.), reference letters, experience working in US (NYU told me they value field experience of some sort in US)...any information you have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you a million!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

Here's a link for The Internationally Trained DMD Program at Rutgers: http://sdm.rutgers.edu/admissions/international-dentist.htm
They require Part 1 and 2, toefl with no minimum score but of course 100 and above is the most preferred by any dental schools, dental experience and letters of recommendation. You only have to send out these items after you submit your CAAPID application:
(No Supplemental Application is Required)
  • NBDE Part I and Part II (original)
  • TOEFL Exam - inst. code 2584 (original)
  • Diploma (notarized copy)
  • Photo 2x2
  • Fee $250 (personal check or money order)
Mail to:

Ms. Brenda Brower
Rutgers School of Dental Medicine
Office of Admissions

110 Bergen Street, B829
Newark, NJ 07103

Good Luck!!

I have a question regarding the toefl scores. Are we are required to send the sealed paper copy along with other documents or the soft copy( directly from ets)?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody has idea what's their selection criteria. I applied last year and got rejected. They didn't give me any specific reason. This year I was hesitant due to their application fee of 250 bucks. Anyway I applied with a hope that they will grant interview atleast.

After how many days do they send application completion email?

Members don't see this ad :)
when does Rutgers usually start calling for ivs?it is my first choice and I am eagerly waiting for it

hi guys,
I have a question. hope you can help. After submitting the caapid application do we send the supplemental application material and fees right away or wait for rutgers to send an email asking for the supplemental documents. Kindly let me know coz confused should i send my documents now or wait for an email to come ..thanks

Reactions: 1 user
hi guys,
I have a question. hope you can help. After submitting the caapid application do we send the supplemental application material and fees right away or wait for rutgers to send an email asking for the supplemental documents. Kindly let me know coz confused should i send my documents now or wait for an email to come ..thanks
I waited for few days...they sent me an email what are all the materials that are needed....to be sent.

Congratulations and all the best for ur iv @lovelypiepie
Can someone give info regarding iv calls like how many are sent out together and how long does iv calls keep rolling out?

Could anyone getting interviews also share their stats, would be really helpful !

I also got an invitation yesterday for September 30.
good luck everyone

congrats lovelypiepie ..... can you please share your stats and visa status?

congrats Usif .... what was your completion date ?

ok... Thank you... can you please share your stats and visa status?

Congrats.

Last edited:
hey folks. do you think its late for rutger's?
cgpa 3.83
toefl 112
2 years experience as a practitioner
month of observership in US
i can get my stuff to rutger's in 5 days. so if my application is completed by august 20?
please suggest asap as i am hesitant because of 250$ fee.

hey folks. do you think its late for rutger's?
cgpa 3.83
toefl 112
2 years experience as a practitioner
month of observership in US
i can get my stuff to rutger's in 5 days. so if my application is completed by august 20?
please suggest asap as i am hesitant because of 250$ fee.
I think you should go ahead and apply since they will consider your application even if it is one day before the deadline, you might have lesser chances due to rolling basis admissions but does not mean it is not worth taking the chance. Good luck !

I think you should go ahead and apply since they will consider your application even if it is one day before the deadline, you might have lesser chances due to rolling basis admissions but does not mean it is not worth taking the chance. Good luck !
Thank you. I will go ahead with it.

Heyy when was your completion and can you share your stats? Also when did you get the iv? Thanks

I got the iv email on aug. 9, my completion date was around last week of april. Toefl 100, nbde 1,2 ece. 2.8, 10 mos as DA

seems like Rutgers "prefers" citizens only.....i havent found anyone with tourist visa getting call

wasted my money:(

I know its disheartening esp when app fee is highest we pay compared to other schools.
Still , I have heard they call citizens/gc holders for initial batches but do call international candidates also. One of my known on tourist visa was called nd interviewed in previous cycle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Any idea if they consider reapplicants?

I think they do, someone with iv and rejection was accepted in the next cycle after adding experience and US masters
Reapplicantsts do get called and accepted provided they have upgraded their profile also.

Last edited: