RXM position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avex007

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I work at a major chain. They are asking me to be RXM at a slow store (promoting from staff at another store). This store is closer to home. Understaffed. only 1 tech, who is about to quit, non immunizer. This store has a lot of pfizer booster shots. Should I take it? Every evening, they get flooded with covid booster appointments.

Its a low volume store, no drive thru

Its only a 2$ per hour increase.

Members don't see this ad.

I ask for an immunizer tech to be transferred there, and I get a vague "store manager is working to get adequate staff"

I have never been an RXM before, is it that much more responsibility and work?

Members don't see this ad :)
lol that sounds terrible - learning your job with no techs, and you will be responsible for all of this in a way a staff rph isn't? Run as fast you can

Reactions: 2 users
+2 is not worth it
The best money right now is staffing and picking easy OT shifts (make friends with scheduler, pics)

Reactions: 1 users
How low is low volume? I'd guess you're pretty much guaranteed to not be getting any help based on the generic answer you got. So unless it's low enough to get by with no techs then it sounds pretty terrible.

Reactions: 1 user
Definitely not worth it! No tech = you will do data entry, fill,...everything by youself which is not safe. Slow pharmacy = they may close your pharmacy.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Don’t do it. You’ll end up working a lot more unpaid hours to keep the store afloat and handle the mandatory paperwork, but only getting paid $2 per hour extra in total. Sounds like a losing proposition.

This is like the most discussed topic on these boards. If you don't want to look at all those threads, take the job and find out. I swear...

No manager position is worth it these days. Im glad im on the back 9.

$2...I don't think so. Tell that DM good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
They tried to give me $3, I did it for $6 and it’s not even close to worth it. 3rd doses and flu season with no staff… harddddd pass.

Even if they bumped up your pay, allowed you to bring a A+ tech, and one full time clerk.. I’d still be leaning towards a no. They say they’re trying to get adequate staff? Well, they won’t cause no ones applying.

Don’t let these guys wring out every drop of sweat anymore.

As a manager, do you have any protections from being moved to another store at the benefit of the company? Say another manager isn’t doing so well and you somehow adapted to yours… so the PDL decides that you should give it a try at the said managers store and moves them to yours… I’ve seen it happen in my region. It’s already been a month so you may have made your decision so GL

Apparently the big three is giving out raises to managers by the end of the year.

Any tips to focus on during the review / argue some metrics for them to bump up your pay more?

Apparently the big three is giving out raises to managers by the end of the year.

Any tips to focus on during the review / argue some metrics for them to bump up your pay more?
where did you get news from?

I wouldn't be RxM for anything less than $200k a year. They will never pay that much, but that's why I'll never be one. :)