Saba Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melissa123

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview on Wednesday with Saba (Very Excited!!). I was hoping someone would have some advice, or any information about their experience? I've already read the interview feedbacks, but I would love to hear from more people that might have gone through it, or are also waiting on their interview! Thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview on Wednesday with Saba (Very Excited!!). I was hoping someone would have some advice, or any information about their experience? I've already read the interview feedbacks, but I would love to hear from more people that might have gone through it, or are also waiting on their interview! Thanks!!:)

First off congrats on getting an interview with Saba (great choice), I think it will become the best off shore school eventually.

Some don't even get an interview nowadays. I was told by the dean that they had over 3000+ applications for May 07, which is a SSOM record.

Ok now the interview, yeah as everyone always says be yourself but try NOT to say anything negative. They are looking for very positive happy people because Saba is tough and can break you, I've personally shed a few tears and consider myself very strong. You will get pushed to your limits here.

Ok next try not to be cocky, some applicants think they are too good for Saba and therefore Saba should just be greatful they applied. I don't care if you scored 34+ on the MCAT and have a 3.7 GPA please try and act humble. They LOVE when your humble and they HATE the cocky arrogant types.

Ok they will try and find negatives in your application, so try and turn the negative(s) into a positive. So if they bring something up that wasn't perfect tell them that you learned from it and you became better in some way. The negative(s) they bring up are to test if you can take criticism. Some can't and probably woundn't make a good MD because you will be constantly critized and second guessed all the time in your approach to treating a patient, so get used to it. Thats the norm now at alot of major hospitals, there is now boards that look over a patients treatment plan and you have to get approval by them of how you plan to treat (think of housemd, but more of him).

Anyway this is my major "to do" for the interview. Of all the students I've talked to about the interview we all pretty much approached it the same way as I listed above, so don't be cocky. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the advice!! WOW, over 3000? I didn't realize that many people knew about Saba! That is amazing! I am definitely not a cocky person, so I hope I won't come off as one:) I am just very excited and greatful to be given this opportunity. Thanks again!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello there,

I am a very confused pre-med student who is unsure of the average GPA required for SABA admission. I've been hearing that it's becoming very competitive now (from SABAMED)...Just out of curiosity, can some of the recently accepted members tell me what their GPA's and extracurricular activities were? This will help me gaze where I need to be when I apply...

Thanks in advance....

Hello there,

I am a very confused pre-med student who is unsure of the average GPA required for SABA admission. I've been hearing that it's becoming very competitive now (from SABAMED)...Just out of curiosity, can some of the recently accepted members tell me what their GPA's and extracurricular activities were? This will help me gaze where I need to be when I apply...

Thanks in advance....

dude, you try valuemd.com? many people post stuff what ur asking.