Sackler Match 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josephf1

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, any Sacklers around can you please scan and post the 08 match.
Thanks
Interested Sackler Grad

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, any Sacklers around can you please scan and post the 08 match.
Thanks
Interested Sackler Grad

The 08 match has already been posted. In regards to the 2009 Match, it hasn't been published yet. Off the top of my head though for the 2009, there was Radiology at the University of Minnesota, General surgery at the University of Chicago, Internal Medicine at Yale University, Anesthesiology at UConn and the University of Florida, lots of Pediatrics at LIJ.

Is it true that many of the jewish hospitals really favour Israeli grads? It seems that many of the Israeli grads end up at LIJ and Beth Israel etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't say that Israeli grads are favored in jewish hospitals. IT just so happens that since Sackler itself is a school chartered by the state of NY, many of the hospitals have been taking Sackler graduates over the past couple decades. Good rapport is more likely.

The 08 match has already been posted. In regards to the 2009 Match, it hasn't been published yet. Off the top of my head though for the 2009, there was Radiology at the University of Minnesota, General surgery at the University of Chicago, Internal Medicine at Yale University, Anesthesiology at UConn and the University of Florida, lots of Pediatrics at LIJ.
Did the people who wanted to do Gen Surgery get matched? Since the class size so small, I'm trying to gauge the number of people who actually pursued a given specialty and their success of matching in it.

Did the people who wanted to do Gen Surgery get matched? Since the class size so small, I'm trying to gauge the number of people who actually pursued a given specialty and their success of matching in it.

theres no way of knowing that. unless you want to personally ask every 4th year if they didnt match into their 1st choice

lets put it this way. There is one person that wanted general surgery, and that person got it.

so moral to the story - it seems that if you work hard, you can get what you want.

But there are no promises in this realm. unfortunately.