SAEM end of rotation EM exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blah12346497

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it difficult to do well on this exam? I've only been taking COMATS so not to sure how to approach studying for this. Any tips would be great! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it difficult to do well on this exam? I've only been taking COMATS so not to sure how to approach studying for this. Any tips would be great! Thanks!!

EM Pretest is enough. Student Rosh if you want to overkill it.

Reactions: 3 users
I did well only using CDEM. I'm using casefiles for the NBME and there's significant overlap. Just pick one of the following: CDEM, CF, PreTest, or Rosh

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
CDEM is just text though? So you didn't do any questions?

CDEM is just text though? So you didn't do any questions?
I put stuff that looked high yield into an anki deck. I did some of the SAEM quizlet cards too.

If you want questions, Rosh or Pretest are the way to go. From what I understand, Rosh is essentially Case Files in question form (Rosh is one of the authors of Case Files)

I've also done about 1/3rd of pretest, and there's also a good amount of overlap there too.

In my opinion, any of those resources is adequate for the SAEM exam. Each resource is gonna have different nuggets of information here and there, but they all overlap considerably.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I tried anking CDEM but can't tell whats high yield lol

Thanks! I appreciate the advice! I tried anking CDEM but can't tell whats high yield lol
Most of the questions will be a vignette with some classic presentation with a question asking what should you do next. Be able to recognize classic presentations & know what the management is. Pay attention to stable vs. unstable management.

How long is the SAEM exam suppose to take? I have an end of rotation exam that is suppose to take 30 minutes or so and not sure if it’s the same exam.
SAEM is 50 questions, and they give you plenty of time per question.

Does anyone know where to find answers for the online saem m3 and m4 v1/v2 practice tests?