Salus interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wikais

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just scheduled my interview for mid October. It's my first interview, so I don't want to cancel it in case I do not hear from anyone else, but with the cost of tuition and complaints of the school I have read on here I am second-guessing even keeping them in mind. Is anyone else scheduling interviews for Salus or /not/ scheduling interviews, rather?

Members don't see this ad.

I also scheduled my interview for mid October and am iffy because of the things I've read on here. However, I work alongside an OD who just graduated from PCO and loved it. It's my second interview, so I'm leaving it as a back up and hoping to cancel it if I get accepted after my first interview next week

I would also recommend looking into other schools, as I wish that I could choose a different one. There are definitely some big issues that need to be resolved at this school, particularly when it comes to student respect and treatment. I think that it's wildly overpriced for the quality. Too many things are just not well organized. I wish you the best of luck. I hope you get more options with schools. It's still early in the cycle, no?

Members don't see this ad :)
I scheduled my interview at PCO on 24th and I am flying there from LA. It is also my first interview so I am going. I have another interview on 26th at NECO, so the flight ticket is worth it.

I would also recommend looking into other schools, as I wish that I could choose a different one. There are definitely some big issues that need to be resolved at this school, particularly when it comes to student respect and treatment. I think that it's wildly overpriced for the quality. Too many things are just not well organized. I wish you the best of luck. I hope you get more options with schools. It's still early in the cycle, no?
Yeah, it's still early. I haven't even gotten emails from three schools confirming that they have received my application, so I'm not worried that I won't hear from anyone else. Thanks for your insight. PCO will go to the bottom of the list as soon as I hear from another one.

I scheduled my interview at PCO on 24th and I am flying there from LA. It is also my first interview so I am going. I have another interview on 26th at NECO, so the flight ticket is worth it.
How long after NECO sent an email saying they got your application did they ask to schedule an interview? I received confirmation from them about receiving my application, but it has been (only) a week and I have not heard anything back.

How long after NECO sent an email saying they got your application did they ask to schedule an interview? I received confirmation from them about receiving my application, but it has been (only) a week and I have not heard anything back.
I got the email from NECO that they received my application on Sep. 2nd, and I received my interview invitation on 16th. They took a while to review everything. Good luck!

Just want to wish all of you good luck! I also think it's wise to consider other schools. I have been pretty disheartened with my experiences as well. I feel like I work so hard and pour everything into my learning, only to have the school not uphold their end and their responsibility to the students. Some professors can be rude and arrogant (not all, there are a few nice ones who seem to actually care about teaching), and the program as a whole is rushed and not cohesive. I'm not saying that graduates will be bad doctors, but the program needs a lot of improvement right now, in my opinion. And yeah, it is really expensive, especially when you factor in the cost of living. I definitely expected a much higher quality overall.