Program-Specific Info / Q's Salus University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeOT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an interview at Salus University next month and I'd love any advice/information about the program and interview process from current OT students. By the way, I applied on Monday and heard from them Tuesday so they got back to me really fast compared to any other OT program! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed there last year, but I got an interview by myself because I was out of state and it was the only time to do it. I was asked standard questions, why OT, why OT over other disciplines, etc. I don't remember them all, but you might be able to find them if you search. You'll also interview with an admissions counselor (at least I did). Here you can explain any issues your transcript. Their interview was probably the one I was most comfortable at. I ultimately decided to attend Jefferson, but they seemed to have a great program! Everyone I met was so nice there, it felt like a community.

Best of luck!

I interviewed there last year, but I got an interview by myself because I was out of state and it was the only time to do it. I was asked standard questions, why OT, why OT over other disciplines, etc. I don't remember them all, but you might be able to find them if you search. You'll also interview with an admissions counselor (at least I did). Here you can explain any issues your transcript. Their interview was probably the one I was most comfortable at. I ultimately decided to attend Jefferson, but they seemed to have a great program! Everyone I met was so nice there, it felt like a community.

Best of luck!

Thanks for your feedback! I am hoping to get into Jefferson as well. It's still very early and my application was verified last weekend so I still have plenty of time to hear back from Jefferson. (fingers crossed). When you interviewed at Salus what did you think of the program itself? What made you choose Jefferson?

Thanks for your feedback! I am hoping to get into Jefferson as well. It's still very early and my application was verified last weekend so I still have plenty of time to hear back from Jefferson. (fingers crossed). When you interviewed at Salus what did you think of the program itself? What made you choose Jefferson?
I decided on Jefferson because I was interested in their autism research, as the department chair is one of the leading autism researchers in the world and her research has a more neurophysiological approach than some other departments. I've noticed when looking at some research centers for SI that they were partnered with Jefferson. I figured they'd have more placement connections than Salus out of state (I probably won't stay in the area after graduating). That and seemed to have more research opportunities in general. They have grad assistantships in a variety of roles, and I don't think Salus did. Plus the general reputation they have helped, especially if I end trying to become clinical faculty in the future.

But Salus felt more welcoming. The two professors I met emphasized their relationships with students (which I'm not sure if that was prioritized in the Jefferson interview?) Everyone I met was so nice, and I had a great conversation with the faculty I interviewed with regarding the future of OT. Their class size is also smaller and the campus is small, which made it felt cozier. Salus also has that low vision specialty, which makes it pretty unique.

I loved both programs and I think anyone who gets into either is lucky. :) In comparison, I interviewed at UNE in Maine and they had like 30 people at the interview. The interview portion came across as cold (and more pressured) compared to my other interviews, and I was definitely the most nervous during it even though I had already gotten accepted into Jefferson and Salus. ;) I'm sure it's different once you're in the programs though. Anyway, I'm rambling a bit here.

Reactions: 1 user