Sample Personal Statements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mwz1024

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there a thread or a website that has some sample personal statements? I have to start the process real soon and don't really know what to write about. I just need a sample to give me some direction.

Members don't see this ad.

Mwz1024 said:
Is there a thread or a website that has some sample personal statements? I have to start the process real soon and don't really know what to write about. I just need a sample to give me some direction.

If you go to the book store or on-line to barnes and noble you can find several books with lots of sample med school personal statements.
Have Fun :)

Mwz1024 said:

You should work with your pre-med counselor or advisor...they will help you go over your app, talk about some of your experiences, and help you put it down on paper....good luck!! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
i suggest putting together a rough draft--even if it's bad and very rough--before reading a bunch of other people's personal statements. it may help you maintain your own voice and feel less daunted by seeing other people's essays.

Resumes and Personal Statements for Health Professionals

by Dr. Tysinger - it has tons of examples of personal statements and helped me a great deal. It's perfect for helping you write one. Go to amazon.com and pick it up. linky