Program-Specific Info / Q's Samuel Merritt OTD/MOT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
January 15th seems really early considering the interview was on the 11th. Where did you hear that we should be getting responses by the 15th?
For the dec 7th interview they told us we would find out on Jan 15th what day did they tell you?

Members don't see this ad.

I know they said that we will hear back by the end of this week or beginning of next week. And do you guys know if they will call or email?
Call if we get in and email if we don’t I believe

For the dec 7th interview they told us we would find out on Jan 15th what day did they tell you?

As I far as I know, they didn't give us a date. Based on this forum, it looks like they didn't find out until January 25th last year.

Members don't see this ad :)
As I far as I know, they didn't give us a date. Based on this forum, it looks like they didn't find out until January 25th last year.
Yea I saw that to that’s so weird idk why they would tell us Jan 15

Yea I saw that to that’s so weird idk why they would tell us Jan 15
Well, unless others have received calls that they haven't posted about yet, it seems like we probably won't be finding out today. :\

I know they said that we will hear back by the end of this week or beginning of next week. And do you guys know if they will call or email?

I think that they do both because I changed my number recently and forgot to update it so I did not receive the call. I received an email!

Dear interviewees,

Today embarks a journey. For all the candidates that were with me on January 11th, I hope we hear great news today. For the interviewees that came before us, I hope the same as well. Whatever happens today, I hope we continue to strive for our education and work even harder to reach our goal as future Occupational Therapists. During my time at SMU, I got to meet a lot of very qualified individuals who were passionate and experienced. The stories I heard and drive from you all made me feel at home. It was so great to see like minded individuals in which there goal was to make a difference and continue helping others fulfill their meaningingful activities within their occupations. Good luck everyone, hopefully we see each other soon!

Sincerely,

Guy in the blue suit :)

Reactions: 1 user
Dear interviewees,

Today embarks a journey. For all the candidates that were with me on January 11th, I hope we hear great news today. For the interviewees that came before us, I hope the same as well. Whatever happens today, I hope we continue to strive for our education and work even harder to reach our goal as future Occupational Therapists. During my time at SMU, I got to meet a lot of very qualified individuals who were passionate and experienced. The stories I heard and drive from you all made me feel at home. It was so great to see like minded individuals in which there goal was to make a difference and continue helping others fulfill their meaningingful activities within their occupations. Good luck everyone, hopefully we see each other soon!

Sincerely,

Good luck. :)

Dear interviewees,

Sincerely,

Why, thank you, guy in the blue suit. I don't believe we met on the 11th, but I wish you well! Good luck, everyone!

Has anyone heard back yet?? I’ve been refreshing my email all day

Has anyone heard back yet?? I’ve been refreshing my email all day
Haven’t heard anything yet. Hopefully people will post on here when they do hear something

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call a few minutes ago! Good luck, everyone!!!

Hey all! I interviewed Jan 11 in the second (11:15am) session and just received a call that I was accepted as well. Hoping everyone receives good news!

Hey all! I interviewed Jan 11 in the second (11:15am) session and just received a call that I was accepted as well. Hoping everyone receives good news!
Did you get an email?

Did you get an email?
The people accepted usually get an email after their phone call. But I’m pretty sure if we haven’t heard from them by now we are either denied or waitlisted,, crossing my fingers I’m at least waitlisted

Praying for that! Congrats!! And is SMU your first choice?
It is not my top choice for financial reasons. But I do plan on placing a deposit as it is my first and only acceptance so far.

For the individuals who were accepted do you mind putting some stats down :) Congrats on the people who were accepted!

For the individuals who were accepted do you mind putting some stats down :) Congrats on the people who were accepted!
Undergrad: UC Davis 2019
Major: Human Development Major with an emphasis in Aging
CumGPA: 3.54
PreReqGPA: 3.7 (I am currently completing physics)
GRE: 153 Verbal, 151 Quan, 4.5 writing
Volunteer Hours: 40 Acute Care, 40 Inpatient Rehab at UC Davis Medical Center
Research: 3 years as a Research Assistant in a Cognition and Aging Lab @ UCD, 1 summer research at USC School of Gerontology, and I attended and presented at about 7 conferences nationally
Gap Year: Instructional Paraprofessional for kindergarteners with autism and physical disabilities.

Not amazing stats, but I feel that I was well rounded in terms of research experiences. Hope this helps. Thank you for the congratulations, wishing the best for everyone.

Last edited:
Undergrad:
Bachelor of Fine Art '08
Associate of Occupational Therapy '14
Cumulative GPA: 3.7
PreReq GPA: 3.9
Volunteer/Work hours: 5000+ Hospital inpatient, Outpatient Orthopedics, Outpatient pediatrics, SNF, Home Health, School
5 years experience as a COTA/L (Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant)

I've been wanting to apply to OT school for 8 years, but my spouse is military so it took a while to get the timing and location right. In the meantime, I completed the OTA program because I knew I wanted to work in the field and I hoped it would make me more competitive for grad school.

Good luck, everyone! I hope you have acceptances on the way :)

Hello,

Just a gentle reminder to never compare yourself during this journey! Believe in your abilities!

I'm a Year 2 OT Student. I love helping out other Pre-OT and current OT students. Feel free to message me on my instagram or on here for any questions. I provide tips on student loans, studying, fieldwork, organizations, etc. My instagram is @ot.enlightenment :)