Santa Monica UCLA or UCSD? Any word?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

voltron77

4th year Medical Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from UCSD or Santa Monica UCLA? Any interview invites yet?:idea::confused::sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

I have a UCSD interview next month. Didn't apply to UCLA though...

Heard back from UCSD and now just waiting for UCLA.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Any word from UCLA???????:sleep::idea:

Does anyone know what UCLA means when they say they want a "Family Medicine Department Letter"? no other program I've applied to has asked for anything like it, and my school doesn't typically do a "department letter" for applicants. is that really what they want? (please only answer if you actually know/have spoken to someone, not what you assume they mean) Thanks!

Does anyone know what UCLA means when they say they want a "Family Medicine Department Letter"? no other program I've applied to has asked for anything like it, and my school doesn't typically do a "department letter" for applicants. is that really what they want? (please only answer if you actually know/have spoken to someone, not what you assume they mean) Thanks!

Hi halebopp. I actually spoke with some faculty and residents at the AAFP National Conference back in August. The letter is supposed to come from a faculty member in the Department of Family Medicine at your respective school.

A good friend of mine called UCLA Santa Monica and found out that interview invites should be going out either later this week or early next week. Good luck to everyone!:luck:

UCLA invite received 10/23

Hi halebopp. I actually spoke with some faculty and residents at the AAFP National Conference back in August. The letter is supposed to come from a faculty member in the Department of Family Medicine at your respective school.

sweet. thanks.