scheduling interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrSunny1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it better to schedule them as early as possible? I kind of want to wait and see if I can get a few and schedule them in blocks in certain areas. Does it hurt to schedule them later in the season? Vs scheduling them as soon as possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Agree with the above. Also, if your application is decent, I’d keep in mind that you may risk burning out if you schedule too many interviews. I got 12 invites and ended up canceling my last 3 because I was over it. Thankfully, I only applied in a small geographic region so canceling didn’t cost me anything in flights or lodging, but I could see that being tougher if your spread is broader.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it better to schedule them as early as possible? I kind of want to wait and see if I can get a few and schedule them in blocks in certain areas. Does it hurt to schedule them later in the season? Vs scheduling them as soon as possible?

Cognitive bias makes our brains remember things that were first or last - so interviewing super early or late is good. Candidates in the middle can all start to blend together unless you made a strong impression. Just schedule them based on what makes sense travel-wise.