Scholarship awards for accepted Hopkins MPH applicants--anyone received one?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giscon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have accepted a place in the July full time MPH program at Hopkins--Has anyone received notification of a scholarship award yet? If so, which award? In particular, I'm wondering if the Sommers Scholars have been named, or if any of the other large $$ awards have been given out. Thanks for sharing whatever information you may have.

Members don't see this ad.

hi,
i mailed them to ask abt schols w.r.t. my application and they said i didn't make it for any of the schols.good luck.

Sorry to hear that you weren't awarded scholarship funds. Do you mind if I ask if you are an international applicant?

I'm a US citizen; there are probably a few more scholarships available than for international students. Still, the chances are very slim. I could really use the financial assistance--I guess everyone could! I may just go ahead and email JHSPH on Monday and ask them directly. I'd like to get the loan application process started if no other aid is forthcoming. Good luck to you!

I am really curious as to which types of prospective students are awarded the large JHSPH scholarships---if anyone reading this is a lucky recipient, please let us know (and congratulations if you are!)

Members don't see this ad :)
They have profiles of the "Sommer Scholars" on their website...I think there's a link on the front page. It seems like a fairly diverse bunch, though it also seems to help to have graduated from an Ivy League school and/or to have created/been involved in some field-based public health activities/research.

It sounds like most of their other scholarships tend to be awarded to people in particular areas of interest (sometimes they are endowed with instructions to be awarded for specific criteria, e.g. plans to pursue research in health disparities, or childhood cancer, or maternal and child health, or other such things). If you dig around the website enough, or do a search, you can find most of these scholarships and for whom they are intended.

hi giscon,

i am from india...i know a guy from here who's got a full tuition scholarship..nobody else i know has got any aid from the school

Hi,
I was awarded funding as a Sommer Scholar last month but I am going for my PhD, not MPH. I am 99.9% positive though that they have notified everyone who has gotten funding as a Sommer Scholar. Sorry!

hi
me too had no luck with the schols, nevertheless i am all set to go to Baltimore. the banks also dont give loans to international students without a US citizen as a co-signer. i am from india and i might take laon from here itself. what are you guys planning?

hello runaway train,
i have accepted the JHSPH for MPH this fall. i am pramit rastogi from India, are u on the jhu_06 yahoogroups?
Pramit