scholarships for dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tonysul

Reaction score
Hello,

I will be going to Columbia U College of Dental Medicine (CDM) as the class of 2025, but had concerns about paying tuition since CDM did not award me financial aid money. Does anyone know of scholarships directed towards dental students or even scholarships that could be applied towards grad school? Tuition is very expensive and I want to have the least amount of debt possible.

Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if you’re familiar with Pivot-RP, but it’s an excellent resource for unearthing niche scholarships relevant to dentistry and health professional students in general. It’s an extensive database with refined search criteria that allows for the efficient pinpointing of specific funding opportunities. All you’d need to do to take advantage of this database is create an account with an institutional email that has provisional access to the site (which most universities have) and then start with some rudimentary criteria for scholarship queries like “dentistry”, “dental”, “health professional”, etc.

Here’s the website url: https://pivot.proquest.com/dashboard

A screenshot of the sort of results you could expect from queries is included below.

Attachments

• 7975576A-E7B3-4E4C-A53B-210AE6279500.jpeg
    7975576A-E7B3-4E4C-A53B-210AE6279500.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 93
Reactions: 1 users
There are only two scholarships I know of that will cover tuition, they are the military HPSP (Army, Navy, Airforce) and the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship. Both of these will pay all tuition, fees, and a generous living stipend. Both are extremely competitive. You missed the deadline for the NHSC, but you can apply next year for a three-year scholarship.

Reactions: 1 user
There are only two scholarships I know of that will cover tuition, they are the military HPSP (Army, Navy, Airforce) and the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Scholarship. Both of these will pay all tuition, fees, and a generous living stipend. Both are extremely competitive. You missed the deadline for the NHSC, but you can apply next year for a three-year scholarship.
Worth noting that the recipient owes time to the service following graduation. I know some people who regret doing it because now they are delayed a couple years and feel they can’t apply to specialities because they’re getting too old.

Reactions: 1 users