Scholl Cell Reception

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NyMets85

Pre-med/Pre-pod
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already started a thread about this a while ago, but I am definitely getting the new Iphone in July and wondering how the AT&T Cell service is up at Scholl. I think they recently upgraded the service up there within the last month, is this true? Thanks. If anyone has AT&T please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I have AT&T and it has worked well during all of my visits to Chicago. I got good reception at Scholl during my interview...Maybe another more experienced student can comment more on AT&T at SCPM.

I had AT&T for the 1st few months at Scholl and really couldn't stand it. Reception was fine in the dorms (2nd floor) but in the West Pod (where most of 1st year classes are)... I'd MAYBE get reception for a little bit if I was lucky. And same goes for Rhodes Auditorium, the gym, and forget about getting anything down in the computer labs or where the cadaver lab is (not that too many people get reception down in the basement anyways).

It wasn't unbearable with ATT, but I eventually switched over to T-Mobile and am much happier with the service/reception. But reception probs also could have been related to the phone I had at the time (BB Pearl). For the most part, I've noticed Sprint has the best reception on campus out of all the carriers.

Members don't see this ad :)
T-mobile is the best on campus.

I have verizon and hardly get reception anywhere at the school. It's ok over in the woodlands though.

Generally most of the lecture halls have poor reception, but really why do you need your cel phone in lecture? unless you plan on sending a pix msg of the cms kid with a mullet sitting in front of you.

I would stay away from verizon if you can. I survived a year with it, but campus is a reception black hole. I dropped a call walking across the parking lot once.

I'm switching to AT&T in a week because it'll be cheaper to join my parents' famiy plan (and there's a new iphone, snicker snicker)

Crap! The Bee has Verizon...:uhno: