MD & DO School list advice/WAMC - FL Paramedic 3.2GPA + 2015 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LJA1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like some insight as to what schools I should be specifically looking at next cycle when I apply (2015-16) to both MD and DO schools. So far I've compiled a preliminary list of about 25 MD schools and 15 DO schools and would sincerely appreciate advice on winnowing it down or possibly adding schools I may have overlooked. Also any advice for improving my overall application is appreciated.

GPA: C3.2/S3.2 B.S. Interdisciplinary Science major with Psychology/Biology Minors
Upper Level Bio Courses: Cell Bio (B), Genetics (B), Mam Phys(A), Immunology (B), Biochem (B)
Prereq's: Bio1 (A), Bio2 (B), GChem1 (B), GChem2 (A), OChem1 (C), OCHEM2 (C), Physics1 (B), Physics 2 (A)
Academics: Overall, over 230 credits! tremendous diversity of courses.
MCAT: Haven't Taken, going to take the new one in 2015
"Non-traditional student" - 27 years old, paramedic, married, prior career experience in management (GM)
Extracurriculars: Great
Volunteers: Great
Community Service: Good
Research: a little, no publications though
Awards/Scholarships: many financial scholarships, academic award for leadership, dean's list/president's list
Shadowing: I work at an emergency dept so I directly work with EM physicians and hospitalists as well as the occasional outside speciality person who comes in (ENT, plastics ect..) I have not yet formally shadowed though I will shadow at least one MD and one DO.
Leadership: Work experience over the past 8 years in management and as a paramedic, academic leadership, entrepreneurial experience, others.
Non-URM Florida resident

Thanks for the help

Members don't see this ad.

I know, I'm going to be taking the new one in 2015. Let us assume I score at or above the 50th percentile

I know, I'm going to be taking the new one in 2015. Let us assume I score at or above the 50th percentile

If we assume you score 50th percentile you're not going to medical school. Just for reference, 50th percentile in pre-2015 MCAT is a 25. You need to score at least in the 80th percentile (~31 pre-2015) and most likely more with that GPA. Probably 90th+

Edit: I was assuming MD. For DO, you have a chance.