You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
School list for 4.0 with a 30
Started by I Love Cats
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Could you all recommend M.D. schools to me. I have the MSAR and have a list already, but I'm afraid I'm cutting myself short in some places. Could y'all recommend schools please? Thank you.
I pretty much have the same stats as you (pending MCAT scores. assuming lowest score of 30). Pretty much your MCAT scores is the limiting factor to where you can go.
I'm applying to the following if I get a 30.
Chicago Franklin
Tulane
Drexel
USC Kech
Loyola Chicago
Rush
Wake Forest
Creighton
Jefferson
Albany
NY Medical
Temple
Uni of Vermont
If I get 32-34ish I'll add the following schools. (note some will definitely be reach)
Loma Linda
Georgetown
Emory
St. Louis
UCSF
Johns Hopkins
UCSD
WashU
Duke
Hope that helps.
With that 30 list you have, do you think schools like Jefferson, USC and Albany for example are mcat reaches? I'm just hesitant because my gpa is awesome anywhere, and I'm unsure of how much it compensates for me to make me an appropriate applicant for certain schools that have mcat averages of 32-33 specifically.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forget CA with a 30 (maybe Loma Linda if you are devout).
Jeff and Albany have median MCATs of 32, making them good reaches for a 30. USC has a median MCAT of 34 making them a real reach for a 30.With that 30 list you have, do you think schools like Jefferson, USC and Albany for example are mcat reaches? I'm just hesitant because my gpa is awesome anywhere, and I'm unsure of how much it compensates for me to make me an appropriate applicant for certain schools that have mcat averages of 32-33 specifically.
How much can a 4.0 compensate for a 30? Can we talk in terms of how gutsy I can get with applying to certain media mcat schools. Like, obviously it isn't boost enough to apply to 35's.
Continue bringing in the schools please.
With that 30 list you have, do you think schools like Jefferson, USC and Albany for example are mcat reaches? I'm just hesitant because my gpa is awesome anywhere, and I'm unsure of how much it compensates for me to make me an appropriate applicant for certain schools that have mcat averages of 32-33 specifically.
I'm basing my list upon my LizzyM score excel sheet. I do notice for some of them, I have the low MCAT flag but I do think the gpa makes up a little for it.
OP here is my school list. Im also a CA resident
albany
cooper
creighton
drexel
george washington
georgetown
quinnipiac
jefferson
MCW
hofstra
rosalind franklin
NYMC
oakland
rush
temple
commonwealth
toledo
U of A
all the schools in California including UCSF (dream big why not you only live once!)
university of vermont
virginia commonwealth
SUNY schools
stony brook
As you can see, to pick my schools I mostly found schools with the lowest MCAT averages that are reasonably friendly to OOS kids like myself. If you know of any with lower averages please let me know!
albany
cooper
creighton
drexel
george washington
georgetown
quinnipiac
jefferson
MCW
hofstra
rosalind franklin
NYMC
oakland
rush
temple
commonwealth
toledo
U of A
all the schools in California including UCSF (dream big why not you only live once!)
university of vermont
virginia commonwealth
SUNY schools
stony brook
As you can see, to pick my schools I mostly found schools with the lowest MCAT averages that are reasonably friendly to OOS kids like myself. If you know of any with lower averages please let me know!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 514