DO School list help 3.46 cGPA, 3.28 sGPA, 29 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AwayFromReality

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You have a pretty diverse list. Don't really need LUCOM on there.

Are you just applying to KYCOM to make sure you apply broadly? You could probably take it out.

It looks like a good and diverse list, I personally wouldn't make any changes to it. Applying broadly and early will be the key here. I'd just leave Lucom there just in case. My stats are similar to yours 3.3sgpa 3.4cgpa and 28 MCAT. I don't know how many retakes you did, but I did quite a few and my first MCAT score was a 16 yikes! Our EC is similar as well. My hope is that these Medical schools will see the upward trend towards the last 2 years of "retake" as I like to call it. If they saw only my previous years of school they'd probably laugh hysterically and throw my application out the window. I hope for the best for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your help, is there anything specifically bad about LUCOM or KYCOM? I just looked at their Matriculant stats and saw that they somewhat closely matched mine so I decided to add them to the list

Thanks for you input. Haven't really done many retakes, just one I believe. Hopefully this will be good enough. Good luck to you in your apps.
LUCOM is the most polarizing of the US medical schools.
Some google may be in order...

Yeah google provided some...interesting info. Thanks for the heads up. Mind if I ask your opinion on my list?
I have expertise on MD schools and the two CA DO schools. I would defer to those with greater knowledge of the DO landscape.

with your stats i think you could probably cut your DO list in half and be fine

Unless you have ties to the Peach or Bluegrass States, I think you can do fine without them.

Thank you very much for replying with your suggestion. I was hoping I would get a response from you. I noticed that you left out PCOM-GA and KYCOM from your list. Is there a specific reason I should not apply to those two schools? Thanks again