School list help 3.72 sGPA 3.81 cGPA 515 ORM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yellowarmpit47

Reaction score
1. GPA: 3.81 cGPA, 3.72 sGPA
2. MCAT: 515
3. ORM
4. undergrad: Current junior at large mid tier state school
5. Clinical hours: 1200 hours scribing
300 hours PCA in a senior living/memory care facility
200 hours clinical volunteering at local hospital
6. Research: 300 hours wet lab Alzheimer's/dementia research, 150 clinical anesthesia research
7. Shadowing: 50 hours shadowing derm/anesthesia/ENT
8. Nonclinical volunteering: 50 hours volunteering with an organization that takes elderly/disabled/veterans fishing, 100 food bank
9. Other: 200 hours, Ice fishing club president/founder
10000 hours violin (lifetime hours or just college hours???), I play at senior living facilities as well as a volunteer

Currently have UMN, Wisconsin (Lived there growing up, my brother went here as well), Mayo, not sure what else...

@Faha any help would be appreciated
thx!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
1) Middle school dual enrollment!!??
Check with AMCAS, but I think you would have to if you took them at a community college. The AMCAS help team should advise you how to classify those courses.

2) Can't speak for every adcom on how they would look at your volunteering with elderly/vets/disabled, other than "well, that's different!" What is your argument to say this is "community service" (hint: what's the org's mission and how does it evaluate progress)? That said, it is 50 hours, and it does not really take YOU out of your comfort zone from the information you gave. (I'll also expect a lot of interesting fishing stories... ;) ). I'd suggest keeping on with this activity (and add your hours as a volunteer at the senior living center), but add another non-clinical community service activity that is more bread-and-butter and doesn't restrict you to just working with elderly populations (say women's/children's or teen runaway shelters). You already have that corner covered (memory care, Alzheimers, senior living center volunteer).

Violin is a hobby with 10K hours if this is an ongoing hobby. I'd mention that you perform at your senior living center there, as well as any other places where you have had a chance to perform pro bono.

Members don't see this ad :)
515 MCAT MN state of residence
I suggest these schools with your stats:
U Minnesota
Mayo
U Wisconsin
Medical College Wisconsin
Iowa
Western Michigan
Oakland Beaumont
Loyola
Rosalind Franklin