School List Help: CA Resident, cGPA 3.65, sGPA 3.52, MCAT 34

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maroonspinstress

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
School list finalized. Thank you so much for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Delete UW (not WWAMI).
Are you committed to the IE?
Delete OHSU.
Brown favors its special programs.
Dartmouth is...idiosyncratic.
Delete Cornell, NYU and Coumbia.
Both Georges get more than 13,000 applications.

Some of your defs are beyond long shots...
If you are only going to apply to 20, you need a really high yield list.
Consider all the CA schools reaches and make sure you have at least a dozen OOS schools that might interview you. Right now you have 5 (not counting the "consideration" schools).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the fast reply.

I do know some of the defs are super long shots but for one reason or another they are particular schools I'd rather get rejected from than not apply to at all. I understand the numbers I'm up against, though =/

No OHSU because OOS?

If you suggest deleting Cornell/NYU/Columbia, should I also delete Pitt, which has comparable stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the fast reply.

I do know some of the defs are super long shots but for one reason or another they are particular schools I'd rather get rejected from than not apply to at all. I understand the numbers I'm up against, though =/

No OHSU because OOS?

If you suggest deleting Cornell/NYU/Columbia, should I also delete Pitt, which has comparable stats?
OHSU is highly IS oriented and the OOS kids need to really bring something to the table, strong public health chops...
Yes, Pitt is also a stretch.
CA applicants need at least twice the number of OOS schools where they might get an interview.
Limiting the number to 20 makes it even more important to choose wisely.

OHSU is highly IS oriented and the OOS kids need to really bring something to the table, strong public health chops...
CA applicants need at least twice the number of OOS schools where they might get an interview.

Thanks so much for the additional notes!

Since I've freed up a few more spots: are there any schools not on my list that I should consider?

Yeah Gyngyn has given you great advice.

Rochester, Vermont, Ohio State, Cincinnati, SLU, Tufts, BU, Rush, Loyola, EVMS, VCU, VTech are others to consider. UVa might be a better reach to add than Pitt or the Manhattan schools.