MD School list!! MCAT 31, cGPA 3.7, not sure about res

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mmeow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
re-applicant
- submitted AMCAS towards end of September and ended up not finishing secondaries for most of the schools

UC graduate (top 25 undergrad), molecular bio major
AMCAS cGPA 3.72 AMCAS BCPM GPA 3.67 (overall upward trend; lowest grade B)
MCAT 31 (PS12 VR9 BS 10) and just re-took it last month, expect it to go up at least by 2. Hopefully.

minimal ECs
- club sports
- one publication from high school
- two research experiences during summers
- 200+ hours volunteering in different hospitals
- 90 hours shadowing/serving as an assistant in one specialty I'm interested in
- part-time job teaching high school kids

in terms of residency, I'm not sure.
I went to high school in Iowa, went to college in CA, and now I'm in NJ, working part-time since Feb
my parents are not a permanent resident anywhere (they are out of country) and my family doesn't have a house in the U.S.. - so i mostly looked for private schools

Here's the list:

Tufts
BU
George Washington
Georgetown
Howard
Rush
Rosalind Franklin
Baylor
UCSD
UCI
UCLA
USC
Rutgers NJMS
Rutgers - RWJ
Jefferson
Drexel
New York Medical College
SUNY Upstate
SUNY Downstate
Stony Brook

It might be a little top-heavy. please let me know if it is. the most important factor for me is the location I really want to go back to CA so I added some Cali schools but I'm not sure if I'll have a chance. (I took out Riverside and Davis since they seem to accept only instate people) I also want go back to urban area so I added DC, philadelphia, boston, chicago, and NY schools. Is there any good places to live other than those cities? Is there any school that I should take out or add?

Thanks! Appreciate your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Given your stats + non CA resident, I'd cut all the UC schools (especially if you're a re-applicant at any) and think about adding more mid tiers like Einstein, Miami, Tulane, and Albany.

Edit: Which of those schools on your list are you a re-applicant at?

Reactions: 1 user
Oh, man. Is being a re-applicant putting me in a big disadvantage??
If it is, then I might need a major change in my list..
I'm a re-applicant for most of them. Except a couple like Tufts, Stony Brook, NY Medical..

Any new suggestions???

and I'll take out CA schools.... should let go of California.......................

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd add a couple DOs as safeties - PCOM and Rowan. I'd also add Temple, Cooper for MD. List is top heavy. Good luck