School List - MD/DO - cGPA 3.57/sCPA 3.4

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

irishnerd26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I posted a WAMC thread a few months ago but now I have some updates and have compiled a school list. I have decided to apply DO to really broaden my chances. Here are my stats:

-cGPA 3.57, sGPA 3.4, MCAT May 22
-NJ resident, MA for undergrad, strong ties to FL
-Full-ride to undergrad
-200+ clinical volunteer hours
-100 hours shadowing doctors of different specialties (and one DO)
-Participated in the launch of an LA/TA program at my school which I will be presenting a poster on this spring
-spent a semester on an internship in Walt Disney World (not medically related but learned a lot about customer service which is a huge focus in medicine)
-by time of application 3 months research with neuroscience lab
-active member of pre-health liaison
-completed RCIA program (+100 hours) and will make my confirmation in May
-4 LOR already completed and sent to committee

In addition to my scholarship I am awarded a stipend each year ($3,000). I have received approval to use it towards my medical school applications, which I'm very appreciative for since it allows me to apply more broadly. I am aware of the amount of secondaries I will receive and plan to pre-write as many as possible. Please help me with my list!

MD:
UCF
Cincinnati
Ohio State
BU
Georgetown
Penn State
Loyola Stritch
Rush
FAU
FIU
George Washington
Drexel
Tufts
Temple
VCU
Wake Forest
Commonwealth - PA
Hofstra
Eastern VA
Tulane
Quinnipiac
Virginia Tech
NYMC
Albany
Cooper
RWJ
NJMS

DO:
Western - CA
Lake Erie - FL
NOVA
Midwestern Chicago
Marian
Rowan
NYIT
Philadelphia
Liberty
Campbell

If you have any suggestions please feel free to add/delete. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

This looks pretty good from what I've seen, at least with the DO schools. The only thing is your MCAT will be a little late which will essentially delay your application.

Unrelated, but the Walt Disney World internship sounds awesome, I would have loved to have done something like that.

I Suggest the following:

MD:
UCF
BU
Georgetown
Loyola Stritch
Rush
FAU
FIU
George Washington
Drexel
Tufts
Temple
VCU
Wake Forest
Commonwealth - PA
Hofstra
Eastern VA
Tulane
Quinnipiac
Virginia Tech
NYMC
Albany
Cooper
RWJ
NJMS

DO:
Western - CA
Lake Erie - FL
NOVA
Midwestern Chicago
Marian
Rowan
NYIT
Philadelphia
Campbell
VCOM
LMU
AT still
DMU

This looks pretty good from what I've seen, at least with the DO schools. The only thing is your MCAT will be a little late which will essentially delay your application.

Unrelated, but the Walt Disney World internship sounds awesome, I would have loved to have done something like that.

Thank you! It was the absolute best 5 months of my life. Wouldn't trade it for anything.

I Suggest the following:

MD:
UCF
BU
Georgetown
Loyola Stritch
Rush
FAU
FIU
George Washington
Drexel
Tufts
Temple
VCU
Wake Forest
Commonwealth - PA
Hofstra
Eastern VA
Tulane
Quinnipiac
Virginia Tech
NYMC
Albany
Cooper
RWJ
NJMS

DO:
Western - CA
Lake Erie - FL
NOVA
Midwestern Chicago
Marian
Rowan
NYIT
Philadelphia
Campbell
VCOM
LMU
AT still
DMU

Goro, thanks for the advice! Is there any point trying to apply to Cincinnati? My main reason is because of my extreme interest in pediatrics, but I am an OOS applicant with a lower GPA, which I assume was your reasoning for deletion.