School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

achitn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for the DO application cycle this upcoming June. I really need some help formulating a school list. Please see the link for my chances thread below and if you can comment either there or here with potential schools it would help me out a lot.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chances-for-do-schools.1194893/

As of now I have:
Western
Touro CA,NV, NY
KCU,
ATSU SOMA
AZCOM
RVU
DMU
DeBusk
NYIT
NOVA
PCOM
Midwestern - Chicago
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

you can take out NYIT, it is 70% IS but if you have the money to apply and if you get the interview, and able to pay for the travel then yes you can apply!

If you are applying to lmu I would definitely add ACOM to there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think UNECOM is very selective too about people staying around NE; not sure if you have ties there being from CA. Maybe swap it with PNWU?

I got into UNECOM and didn't get an interview to PNWU until late last year for a waitlist spot and I'm from northern california.

UNECOM is super into primary care is why I think I got in there. My application lived and breathed family medicine. I wouldn't apply to UNECOM unless you're committed to this and your application. With your shadowing opportunities dealing with pulm, hospitalist, and plastic surgery I would skip UNECOM

Reactions: 1 user
Get AZCOM and CCOM off your list. You're probably wasting your money and you shouldn't go there anyway because of their insane tuition

Hello Everyone,

I will be applying for the DO application cycle this upcoming June. I really need some help formulating a school list. Please see the link for my chances thread below and if you can comment either there or here with potential schools it would help me out a lot.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/chances-for-do-schools.1194893/

As of now I have:
Western
Touro CA,NV, NY
KCU,
ATSU SOMA
AZCOM
RVU
DMU
DeBusk
NYIT
NOVA
PCOM
Midwestern - Chicago
University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine

ACOM would be a good addition to your list as they are newer and less competitive than top schools, but from previous structures set up to promote training in Alabama they have rotations that put them on par with established schools.

Get AZCOM and CCOM off your list. You're probably wasting your money and you shouldn't go there anyway because of their insane tuition

I just looked up their tuitions and I did not realize they are that high. Is there a good source to find the % each school accepts from OOS - or should I go through each schools website and find the numbers?

I just looked up their tuitions and I did not realize they are that high. Is there a good source to find the % each school accepts from OOS - or should I go through each schools website and find the numbers?

I used this when I was applying, it's a bit outdated but slap on 5k more for tuition and 1 mcat pt higher and it's pretty similar if I had to guess

Attachments

• DO 2014 Stats update.xlsx
    66.5 KB · Views: 70
Your list it also too top heavy. Your GPA isn't that great, and lower than average to most DO schools. You've even barely made the cutoff to CUSOM, considered a new school. They require all GPA to be 3.2 and above for consideration.

Add all the mid tier and new schools, like BCOM and ACOM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Your list it also too top heavy. Your GPA isn't that great, and lower than average to most DO schools. You've even barely made the cutoff to CUSOM, considered a new school. They require all GPA to be 3.2 and above for consideration.

Add all the mid tier and new schools, like BCOM and ACOM.

What are some other middle/lower tier schools I should add to my list?

Current list:
LECOM - florida, PA
ACOM
Western (CA)
Touro CA,NV, NY
KCU,
AT STILL
AZCOM
RVU
DMU
DeBusk
NOVA
PCOM
Midwestern - Chicago
Edward Via - Carolinas & Virginia Campuses
West Virginia Osteopathic
VCOM
Marian
BCOM

What are some other middle/lower tier schools I should add to my list?

Current list:
LECOM - florida, PA
ACOM
Western (CA)
Touro CA,NV, NY
KCU,
AT STILL
AZCOM
RVU
DMU
DeBusk
NOVA
PCOM
Midwestern - Chicago
Edward Via - Carolinas & Virginia Campuses
West Virginia Osteopathic
VCOM
Marian
BCOM
You're too top heavy. Take PCOM, AZCOM, CCOM, the costal Touro's and BCOM off the list. GPAs aren't high enough for the first 5. And the Midwestern's wont really look at MCAT's < 30. BCOM is sketchy as f***.