school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

viddy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You sure you're a std dev above wake? They have pretty high stats for a mid tier.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using SDN Mobile

I am according to the spreadsheet, but after looking at MSAR I would probably fall more into the "above average" category at WF. Nice catch! I also might need to bump vanderbilt up a category too...

I guess what I'm really curious about is, for someone with my stats, does it make sense to apply to equal proportions of dream/realistic/safety (assuming I send out a lot of apps in total)? Or should I only apply to maybe 2 or 3 dream schools and either allocate the remaining spaces to less selective schools or just apply to fewer schools overall.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'd say that's entirely up to you. Applying to that many schools is going to take a lot of money and effort so make sure you do it well. If you're going to half-heartedly do any of your secondaries, I would suggest not even applying. Completing secondaries while trying to juggle a full-time job takes its toll very very quickly.

Just a quick calc of application costs:
AMCAS for 24 schools $976
Secondaries (assuming 100 per) 2400

So you're onto $3k+ without even interviewing.

I'd say that's entirely up to you. Applying to that many schools is going to take a lot of money and effort so make sure you do it well. If you're going to half-heartedly do any of your secondaries, I would suggest not even applying. Completing secondaries while trying to juggle a full-time job takes its toll very very quickly.

Just a quick calc of application costs:
AMCAS for 24 schools $976
Secondaries (assuming 100 per) 2400

So you're onto $3k+ without even interviewing.

Yeah I would consider this pretty seriously. You are on the right track with taking a balanced approach to applying, but are all 8 of those reaches really necessary? It's up to you and your checkbook, but something to think about..