School Posted an Inaccurate and Unfavorable Transcript to ERAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rogue Penguin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone.

My medical school posted a transcript to ERAS that inaccurately shows that I received a "CP" or "Conditional Pass" in my OB/GYN clerkship. I actually passed OB/GYN on the first attempt without any need for remediation. I was aware of this error on my transcript this summer and I was told multiple times that it had been corrected, but somehow the older version of the transcript got uploaded to ERAS. I only found out on Monday when a PD asked me why I had "trouble" with ob/gyn. Strangely, it has not come up at any other interview.

I applied to psych and my application didn't do as well as I was hoping or expecting. I'm wondering how much this false "CP" has likely affected my application and what I can do now to fix things.

Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

It's hard to say, but if your school is decent, they'll do their best to try to fix this mistake. That could include your dean reaching out to programs and notifying them of this error. If they won't help you, at least contact the programs you're interested in to let them know of this error. Most places haven't done their ROL yet. Beyond that, I think it just sucks, and unfortunately it's too late to mitigate all the damage of this. I can't say how much it meant, but it's certainly possible programs would decline to interview anyone with grades below pass on clerkships.

Reactions: 1 user
I recommend the above and I recommend you do it STAT! I hope it works out!

Yeah unfortunately not much you can do now to get more programs to interview so late in the game. However, it may and probably would make a difference on some places rank list.

No matter what I would call them and raise hell. Make them fix and resend it. And I would make sure to call and update schools I interviewed at.

:luck:

Worst case scenario, if your school won't help you, email the PD's colas ing and cc your dean and/or OB/GYN clerkship coordinator. That way, it'll show you're not shady and will give the higher-ups an easy way to chime in and confirm. Good luck!

I think you'll need to decide what path to walk:

1. Continue with this year's match. I agree that your Dean should reach out to programs to explain the error, not you (if possible). If your Dean doesn't volunteer to do this without you asking, consider Path #2 or #3. You won't get any more interviews, but you might be ranked better.

2. Same as Path #1, but demand some sort of compensation from your school. Chances are, you would have had better interviews without the error. IMHO, one full year of tuition seems a reasonable solution. Hopefully you can do this without legal representation, who would take a big chunk.

3. Demand that your school give you a 5th year at no cost, and cover your living expenses. Withdraw from the match, and reapply next year. Documentation next year from your school should be 100% clear about the error made, that it was their fault. You could also argue for one year of tuition reimbursement for your lost time.

Choose your own adventure. I think it depends on how happy you are with your current options. You could talk to your local PD bluntly about how much this has affected your application.