Schools I should apply to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

demolitionlvr

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
GPA: 3.0
DAT: Reading Comprehension: 19
Biology: 19
Chemistry: 22
Science Total: 20
Academic Average : 21
PAT: 23

Shadowing/ Volunteering: 120 hours
Research: 3 years during Undergrad

Extracurricular: A lot of leadership experience from 4 school organizations.

I applied to (NO INTERVIEWS):
VCU: Rejected
UMD: Rejected
Tufts: Rejected (but got an email from them asking what I was doing during my gap year)
BU: Still under review
LECOM: Rejected
Temple: Rejected

I know that I should have done a post bacc right after graduation but due to family financial circumstances, I had to work instead. Things are better now and I am enrolled to attend a post bacc program.

I recognize as well that I should have applied to more schools but again due to money issues I couldn't apply to more.

Where else should I apply? Add/ Remove from my previous years?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know I'm not a dental student, but I think your GPA is way too low. If I were you, I'd go into a grad program and get a master's. At the same time, I'd pull my GPA up.

I would definitely do a one year masters, I had similar stats after three aps, took a year off to get a biomedical sciences masters and was finally accepted. I think it's getting more and more competitive these days and a 3.0 is not going to get you in. I liked Barry in Fl and they let you start every semester so that may be an option since its a little late to start a fall masters program.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would definitely do a one year masters, I had similar stats after three aps, took a year off to get a biomedical sciences masters and was finally accepted. I think it's getting more and more competitive these days and a 3.0 is not going to get you in. I liked Barry in Fl and they let you start every semester so that may be an option since its a little late to start a fall masters program.

Thank you for the suggestions!
Yes I'm definitely doing a post bacc to boost my grade and also really be prepared for the heavy loaded curriculum in dental school.

solid DAT....just do a post-bac or a 1 yr MS (after 7+ yrs on here, I gave up trying to figure out which one is better), and you're gold!

good luck:thumbup: