Schools offering acceptances on Saturday

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmany

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im just curious what schools are offering acceptances this Saturday and not waiting until Monday 10/17.

I know of...

Michigan
Ohio State
Dartmouth- I thought the Dean said they would offer a few...but I could be remebering incorrectly.

Any other ones?

Members don't see this ad.

None can actually let us know ON Oct 15..they have to wait till "after Oct 15." I know that both FIU and UCF intend to call first thing on Sunday (or send emails at 12:01 AM

USUHS indicated that they will begin releasing information on 10/16.

Members don't see this ad :)
None can actually let us know ON Oct 15..they have to wait till "after Oct 15." I know that both FIU and UCF intend to call first thing on Sunday (or send emails at 12:01 AM

it's definitely ON oct 15

it's definitely ON oct 15

The AAMC has traffic rules for applicants and MD Schools. Here is traffic rule 3 for MD schools:

3. Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants prior to October 15.

Applicants can view these traffic rules at www.aamc.org and search for them.

The AAMC has traffic rules for applicants and MD Schools. Here is traffic rule 3 for MD schools:

3. Each school notify all applicants - other than Combined College/M.D., Early Decision Program (EDP), and deferred matriculation applicants - of acceptance to medical school only after October 15 of each admission cycle. It may be appropriate to communicate notifications of decisions other than acceptance to medical school to applicants prior to October 15.

Applicants can view these traffic rules at www.aamc.org and search for them.

well, Michigan will begin sending out acceptances on 10/15 12:01 am.
http://twitter.com/#!/umichmedadmiss

hmmm... I think that by after they might mean after the day of October 15th has started because I have had a few schools now tell me that they will contact us ON the 15th, most notably U of M, who contacts people at 12:01 AM.

The administrators I've talked to think this rule is stupid and only follow it because they get fussed at if they don't. I can assure you they're not worried about exactly what moment counts as "after" the 15th.

Has anyone found a logical reason for this rule? Adcom's don't seem to feel that it's helpful, that's for sure.

The administrators I've talked to think this rule is stupid and only follow it because they get fussed at if they don't. I can assure you they're not worried about exactly what moment counts as "after" the 15th.

Has anyone found a logical reason for this rule? Adcom's don't seem to feel that it's helpful, that's for sure.

I THINK, and don't quote me on this, that it's because of EDP. If regular decision applicants could find out in Sept./early Oct., there would be no reason to apply EDP..? Or something??

Buffalo is updating statuses late on the 14th... The dean clearly stated he thought this rule was ridiculous. I hope I don't get them in trouble.

I know a school with the emails already set up to be emailed out during the first few minutes of Oct 15th. So it could happen anytime. Once the clock hits midnight, it's onnnnn.

Thank you for your interest in The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Our admissions committee and staff were pleased to meet each of you personally during your visit to OSU.

October 15, 2011 is the first date that medical schools are allowed to notify students of acceptances. Because this date falls on a Saturday this year, the Association of American Medical Colleges recommends that schools delay notification until Monday, October 17. Here at Ohio State University, we have a tradition: the Dean of Admissions will begin calling all accepted students to personally welcome them into the OSU family at 12:01 Sunday AM, October 16 (one minute past midnight, Saturday night.) All applicants will be notified of their disposition on Tuesday, October 18 via their status page.

Please check our Twitter page @OhioStateMed for posts and updates. Good luck in this exciting process!

Thank you,

The Ohio State University College of Medicine Office of Admission

Thank you for your interest in The Ohio State University College of Medicine. Our admissions committee and staff were pleased to meet each of you personally during your visit to OSU.

October 15, 2011 is the first date that medical schools are allowed to notify students of acceptances. Because this date falls on a Saturday this year, the Association of American Medical Colleges recommends that schools delay notification until Monday, October 17. Here at Ohio State University, we have a tradition: the Dean of Admissions will begin calling all accepted students to personally welcome them into the OSU family at 12:01 Sunday AM, October 16 (one minute past midnight, Saturday night.) All applicants will be notified of their disposition on Tuesday, October 18 via their status page.

Please check our Twitter page @OhioStateMed for posts and updates. Good luck in this exciting process!

Thank you,

The Ohio State University College of Medicine Office of Admission

UGH So now Michigan is the only one I can expect to hear from tomorrow night = (

UGH So now Michigan is the only one I can expect to hear from tomorrow night = (

Yeah, that sucks.

I'm only expecting to hear from Harvard, Yale, and Stanford.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that sucks.

Look I have spent about 5k flying around the country. I'm very appreciative that I get to be :hearing from them at all but I want to srart seeing a return on my time and effort. And just for accuracy you won't be hearing from any of them tomorrow bc Harvard and take are NR and I interviewed at Stanford

Look I have spent about 5k flying around the country. I'm very appreciative that I get to be :hearing from them at all but I want to srart seeing a return on my time and effort. And just for accuracy you won't be hearing from any of them tomorrow bc Harvard and take are NR and I interviewed at Stanford

You're sooooo cool bro.

With a Stanford-interviewer type memory, I wonder how you ever forgot.

Are you five years old? Seriously? How is mentioning where I interviewed at in a thread ABOUT ACCEPTANCES wrong? How is it any different than having an mdapp? I dont get people like you, why waste the energy to post such a useless retort?

I forgot I'll be hearing back from my auto-derm residencies on Saturday too. It feels good to have the option to skip medical school altogether.

• Haha
I know that everyone is really excited...but really, it's a matter of DAYS. After all of the years we've invested in this process, I think that the couple of days some of us may have to wait to hear from most schools will be absolutely fine.

:p Just hope you don't get waitlisted!! (On that note, big green luck to everyone expecting decisions!! :luck::luck::luck:)

I forgot I'll be hearing back from my auto-derm residencies on Saturday too. It feels good to have the option to skip medical school altogether.

I don't suggest you skip medical school. You'll have a tough time convincing patients you're qualified. Unless you're like Leonardo in catch me if you can...then you can create a diploma and make up at just the right time that your "professor's" dog died a few years ago.

Have you ever asked your doctor to see his diploma?

No. Because it's hanging in his office. I can see it every time I walk by.

Loud and proud... Harvard Medical School, Crimson seal on it too.

This is my diploma from HMS. I'm the best right?

cZQ4d.png

Yeah, that sucks.

Wait, this comment is blatantly facetious, right?

I took it that way, like, it's a joke . . . ?

Hahaha, I guess everyone's a little edgy. But we'll all feel much different in a couple of days :)

Wait, this comment is blatantly facetious, right?

I took it that way, like, it's a joke . . . ?

Hahaha, I guess everyone's a little edgy. But we'll all feel much different in a couple of days :)

Yeah, I thought it was hilarious. Then AZ flew in and called me a five year old...that hurt.

From the TMDSAS website it looks like all Texas schools can begin letting OOS know beginning October 15th.

• October 15: Medical schools begin extending offers of acceptance to:

1. Non-Texas resident applicants
  2. Special Program (MD/PhD, DO/PhD and MD/MBA) applicants
  3. Assured Acceptance Program applicants

Very impressive. I'm crossing my fingers that my plastics placement comes back this weekend. I'm hoping for WashU.

I'm extremely curious what you guys are doing tonight/what you will be doing around midnight... You gonna be at home alone? With friends? Preparing to celebrate? I'll be hearing some news tonight and Im thinking of being at a bar when the emails will roll in lol.

I'm extremely curious what you guys are doing tonight/what you will be doing around midnight... You gonna be at home alone? With friends? Preparing to celebrate? I'll be hearing some news tonight and Im thinking of being at a bar when the emails will roll in lol.

As far as I can tell, I think most of the schools I've interviewed at so far will be sending their decisions by snail mail. Is that true for most schools? Anyway, it's kind of annoying because I bet they won't mail them out until Monday and then it will take a few days for them to get to me :(

Oh the lulz - I will not be hearing back today. I will be sleeping like a baby. I like short sentences. I am a student. I am a future doctor. I am a student doctor. And I like ice cream.

Good luck you. If you get in. I will be happy. :D

Oh the lulz - I will not be hearing back today. I will be sleeping like a baby. I like short sentences. I am a student. I am a future doctor. I am a student doctor. And I like ice cream.

Good luck you. If you get in. I will be happy. :D

Thanks!!! Well regardless of what happens tonight, the rest of the schools are only a couple days away. Given all the waiting we've already done, what's another 2-4 days?

And I like ice cream too.

I will be on here... furiously increasing my post count. Since I'm playing doctor at my parents house for the next 2 days while my mom gets better from her surgery.

Thanks!!! Well regardless of what happens tonight, the rest of the schools are only a couple days away. Given all the waiting we've already done, what's another 2-4 days?

And I like ice cream too.

Another 2-4 days feels like an ETERNITY right now bro.

AZFutureDoc said:
I'm extremely curious what you guys are doing tonight/what you will be doing around midnight...

Maybe autoerotic asphyxiation? Add a little spice/danger to the evening?

Maybe autoerotic asphyxiation? Add a little spice/danger to the evening?

At first, I thought this was a reply to Blu about his parents. I was mad for him.

At first, I thought this was a reply to Blu about his parents. I was mad for him.

Thanks for having my back :)

Yeah, I've been serving my mom food and force feeding her the pills she is so non-compliant with.

It's really frustrating. Patients are not compliant in the slightest with their medications.

Oh PETER Piper how yummy your pesto is!

you're so compassionate, yet competent. Definitely gonna be the best doctor, by far

Thanks for having my back :)

Yeah, I've been serving my mom food and force feeding her the pills she is so non-compliant with.

It's really frustrating. Patients are not compliant in the slightest with their medications.

U Cincinnati is sending out acceptances tomorrow. The Associate Dean of Admissions even hinted at the interview that they might bend the rules and send it out on the 10/14...

Here's to hoping...

I have a few I might hear from on the 17th, or by the 17th. Some schools are putting acceptances in the mail on Saturday. It's a travesty that mail is not delivered on Sunday.

And CB - you're right that these last few days are going to drag by.

Status
Not open for further replies.