Schools on the Move

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Donkey

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so we all know the rankings and all that, but what medical schools seem to be gaining prestige and reputation for excellence, and what medical school are losing it? For example, using the USNews rankings, Yale has been falling steadily since it was ranked 2nd or 3rd or whatever. Whether this is a real or just perceived change is up to the beholder, but can anyone give examples of which schools are gaining or losing ground steadily?

Members don't see this ad.

well...i guess ill take a shot at it...haha..watch me get flamed..

i think NJMS..for the obvious reason (its my school lol).

and the reasons behind are:

in FY 2002 they started wit about $30million in research. FY 2004 they have estimated over $104 million.

-they are almost done building a new cancer center, new abmulatory care center, and in process of building a new housing complex.

-they have recieved NIH dollars for the biodefense center

-first to have a center for humanistic medicine.
- really good match
-new jubilee curiculum, that gives you clinical experience from you first term of first year.

im prolly forgettin a lot of stuff...so if anyone wants to add...be my guest.

Dr. Donkey said:
Okay, so we all know the rankings and all that, but what medical schools seem to be gaining prestige and reputation for excellence, and what medical school are losing it? For example, using the USNews rankings, Yale has been falling steadily since it was ranked 2nd or 3rd or whatever. Whether this is a real or just perceived change is up to the beholder, but can anyone give examples of which schools are gaining or losing ground steadily?
If you search there is a thread from about a month ago containing a compilation of most USNEWS rankings since 93. Or you can look in my post history and find the thread where I posted that information.

Members don't see this ad :)
drguy22 said:

in FY 2002 they started wit about $30million in research. FY 2004 they have estimated over $104 million.

-they are almost done building a new cancer center, new abmulatory care center, and in process of building a new housing complex.

- really good match
-new jubilee curiculum, that gives you clinical experience from you first term of first year.

I flame thee.

drguy22 said:

- really good match

not that NJMS isn't a good school, but this sort of thing can be said about almost every school. alot of people predict their school will move up in the rankings b/c of some new building or other. they don't realize almost every school is constantly building/updating/something.

you know if US news didn't change the rankings every year nobody would buy their stupid magazine. :idea:

King Arthur said:
not that NJMS isn't a good school, but this sort of thing can be said about almost every school. alot of people predict their school will move up in the rankings b/c of some new building or other. they don't realize almost every school is constantly building/updating/something.

a 346% increase in funding in 2 yrs?

drguy22 said:
a 346% increase in funding in 2 yrs?

oh my god he busted out the calculator

I looked for your thread with no luck. Actually I have been looking for that information for awhile now. Any key words that might help the search?

YzIa said:
If you search there is a thread from about a month ago containing a compilation of most USNEWS rankings since 93. Or you can look in my post history and find the thread where I posted that information.

dannyl said:
oh my god he busted out the calculator
:laugh:

Let me look for it, ah nevermind, thanks superdevil.