Schools that don't send II via email....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apollo8

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone, lets get a running list going of all the schools that don't send Interview Invitations via email. This way we all know which portals to check regularly. I'll try my best to keep updating the post with the entries everyone suggests. Please include how they do send the II, whether it be via phone call, mail or portal update.

-SUNY Upstate (portal)
-VCU (portal)
-Case Western (portal)
-UIC (portal first, then email)
-FAU (portal)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously? I am shocked schools don't send II through emails...

Case Western. Check your portals guys...

UIC sends interview invitations via email but (at least for me) updated the portal first. So I was lucky to see it and get a comparatively earlier interview slot. They do everything else by snail mail.

Case Western does send an email when an interview decision has been made. Directly from the site:

"After you have submitted your secondary application and all your letters of recommendation have been received by AMCAS, the Admissions Committee will review your application and decide whether to invite you for an interview.

The Admissions Committee's decision will be emailed to you. The email will direct you to check your iApply account for a status change on your "status page." Your iApply account will have a message indicating if you are being granted an interview or not. If you are invited for an interview you will receive further instructions for scheduling your interview."

https://case.edu/medicine/admissions/application-process/

Case Western does send an email when an interview decision has been made. Directly from the site:

"After you have submitted your secondary application and all your letters of recommendation have been received by AMCAS, the Admissions Committee will review your application and decide whether to invite you for an interview.

The Admissions Committee's decision will be emailed to you. The email will direct you to check your iApply account for a status change on your "status page." Your iApply account will have a message indicating if you are being granted an interview or not. If you are invited for an interview you will receive further instructions for scheduling your interview."

https://case.edu/medicine/admissions/application-process/

Yeah but they haven't been which is why it was mentioned. I was never sent an email for mine.

Case claims to send emails, but if you check out the school specific thread you will see that many of us never got one. Def check your portals!

Does VCU just do a portal update then? I can +1 that SUNY upstate does not send an email. I checked the application portal thing one day and the II was sitting there.

I think it might be helpful to add how each of these schools DO send out IIs. Do any call you or use snail mail?

Does VCU just do a portal update then? I can +1 that SUNY upstate does not send an email. I checked the application portal thing one day and the II was sitting there.

I think it might be helpful to add how each of these schools DO send out IIs. Do any call you or use snail mail?

Updated to reflect that. I assumed they were all portal or email only. Only one missing is VCU, anyone know if they update portal, send mail, or call?

Updated to reflect that. I assumed they were all portal or email only. Only one missing is VCU, anyone know if they update portal, send mail, or call?

I believe it's just a portal update

Upstate emails....sometimes. (I actually got it later during the day, a few hours after my portal updated.) But they definitely update the portal first.

This might be extra information, but NYMC will update the portal if you're on-hold pre-interview and won't email you, but I believe IIs are emailed.

I can confirm NYMC sends II Via email, I'm not doing a hold list as there are many schools that do hold via portal only, nevertheless, who cares if you're on hold? Only II really matter

Not to sound harsh, but we're all basically 'on hold' at all these schools in a sense anyhow.... at least until they either send II or rejection. I suppose I could do a "portal rejection list" but that would be no fun.

I was notified via email of my II from Case...