Schools that screen before 2nd MCAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aakashp127

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My AMCAS was submitted at the end of June and I was verified just last week. I took the MCAT last year and got a 28 (12/6/10) and submitted with this score as well as indicating that I will be retaking the MCAT July 2nd 2014. I got my scores back last week and received a 33 (12/8/13).

I have gotten secondaries from some schools but I just remembered the possibilites of some schools not waiting for the 2nd MCAT and screen my app from my first score (esp that 6 :scared:). Does anyone know specifically from past experience or anything which schools actually will not wait for your 2nd MCAT? I think a majority of schools will not look at your app until the 2nd score but I was just wondering what schools predominantly DO NOT wait until the 2nd score. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

My AMCAS was submitted at the end of June and I was verified just last week. I took the MCAT last year and got a 28 (12/6/10) and submitted with this score as well as indicating that I will be retaking the MCAT July 2nd 2014. I got my scores back last week and received a 33 (12/8/13).

I have gotten secondaries from some schools but I just remembered the possibilites of some schools not waiting for the 2nd MCAT and screen my app from my first score (esp that 6 :scared:). Does anyone know specifically from past experience or anything which schools actually will not wait for your 2nd MCAT? I think a majority of schools will not look at your app until the 2nd score but I was just wondering what schools predominantly DO NOT wait until the 2nd score. Thank you!
This is quite variable. The only way to know is to email and ask.

This is quite variable. The only way to know is to email and ask.

That's what I originally thought but I was wondering if anyone could share any schools they know FOR SURE that do this. Thanks a lot for the help gyngyn!

That's what I originally thought but I was wondering if anyone could share any schools they know FOR SURE that do this. Thanks a lot for the help gyngyn!
A lot depends on software upgrades. I can't even tell you from one year to the next at my own school!

Reactions: 1 users