Schools that take Fall semester grades into consideration for acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riderrapidash

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew what schools actually take Fall transcripts after applying into consideration for matriculation. Just FYI, I have continued acting as if I haven't been accepted and have all A's in my 23 units so far- however, I may get a B in my 3 unit Animal Genetics class due to the fact there was a last minute change to both professor and to an online format- everyone in the class is seriously struggling. Western (the school I'm worried about) says "Although your application may move forward in the admissions process while the item is pending, we will ultimately require an official transcript showing the course grade after course completion and before matriculation" for the course. Does this mean they just need to see I passed it, or that they'll actually take it into consideration? There's no due date, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I will of course do my best to keep my A, but I like prepare for the worst case scenario. And, if anyone knows any other schools that look at Fall grades that would be helpful as well- I can't seem to find anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much.

Members don't see this ad.

It's fairly rare for a school to take fall grades into account in moving you upwards on the acceptance ladder, it's really more just checking that you got the required grade in it.

Also, to be clear, a singular B will not make one lick of difference. Please take this pressure off yourself, they're not going to take you off the acceptance list for this!

Reactions: 3 users
It's fairly rare for a school to take fall grades into account in moving you upwards on the acceptance ladder, it's really more just checking that you got the required grade in it.

Also, to be clear, a singular B will not make one lick of difference. Please take this pressure off yourself, they're not going to take you off the acceptance list for this!
Thanks so much, that honestly takes a lot off my shoulders. I’ve already interviewed at Western so they (hopefully) are happy with my grades, I just hope it’s not a deal breaker since they don’t send decisions till March.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much, that honestly takes a lot off my shoulders. I’ve already interviewed at Western so they (hopefully) are happy with my grades, I just hope it’s not a deal breaker since they don’t send decisions till March.
The only way it will HARM you is if you don't get the C+ or whatever Western uses as their pre-req grade cutoff, otherwise it won't make any kind of difference good or bad! Seriously, it will not be a dealbreaker!

What about getting a C? As long as that's the minimum grade requirement, is that ok? I understand that that's not good, but will it kill my chances?

Reactions: 1 users
Iowa calculates fall grades into their admissions decisions

The only way it will HARM you is if you don't get the C+ or whatever Western uses as their pre-req grade cutoff, otherwise it won't make any kind of difference good or bad! Seriously, it will not be a dealbreaker!
Thank you!!! I'm sorry to be paranoid but this helped me feel way better!!!