Schools with the most generous merit based scholarships? What about need-based?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shindotp

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools do you guys know of with a reputation with the most generous merit based scholarships? (as in, the average merit based scholarship per student is pretty high, or it's not hard to get a merit based scholarship at the school if you get in, etc.)

What about most generous need-based? I'm guessing Harvard must have quite powerful need-based scholarships since their endowment is easily the largest among all medical schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Mayo gives at least half tuition scholarships to every student, and 50% of them get full rides.

WashU has a bunch of full-ride merit-based scholarships and tons of need-based aid.

Harvard has their formula on its website for need-based aid but gives no merit-based.

UChicago is good for both.

I thought the Cleveland Clinic went tuition free. And I want to say there's another school that did that too, but don't remeber which.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mayo gives at least half tuition scholarships to every student, and 50% of them get full rides.

WashU has a bunch of full-ride merit-based scholarships and tons of need-based aid.

Harvard has their formula on its website for need-based aid but gives no merit-based.

UChicago is good for both.

Wow, Harvard's aid is pretty amazing... Full scholarship for all need beyond $24.5k a year is pretty great.

wow.. and anyone have any idea how nyu is? lol im not sure what to expect come april 6th.

stanford's must be pretty good if they have the lowest student debt in the nation outside of schools with free tuition..right?

Duke! WashU is actually really good too.

I thought the Cleveland Clinic went tuition free. And I want to say there's another school that did that too, but don't remeber which.

Yup, Cleveland Clinic is tuition free starting this incoming year. Apparently current students also got a 50% tuition remittance. :p

Roughly 70% of students at Wake get some kind of grant or scholarship.

Wow, Harvard's aid is pretty amazing... Full scholarship for all need beyond $24.5k a year is pretty great.

true, but that's not really a full scholarship since they require you to take out $24.5k a year in loans before they give you any aid.

So pretty much there's aid at the top-tiers but not much of anything below that. Great. (Do I sound bitter and jealous?, hehe)

Members don't see this ad :)
lol are there any non-top schools with great finaid??

Oh, half of the people who go to Paul Foster's (aka Texas Tech-El Paso, the new med school in W. Texas) get full rides. And all OOSers at UT Southwestern get scholarships to bring tuition down to IS amount.

UCF is giving full scholarships (tuition and 20K for living) to all its students. Next year, they are gonna try to provide a similar scholarship.

Mayo is not a real med school. It's a myth. No one gets in there.

(or atleast thats what I keep telling myself)

:laugh:

On a side note, the girl in your avi looks gross. I can totally see her ribs. She looks like a shark...

Your screen name is misleading. :(

you dont like emaciated chicks?!

Sharks are sexy. Anybody know anything about UVA's financial generosity - or lack thereof?