SCO interview already? - Dress attire for interview... September 4, 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HunOpt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
How many of you have already got an SCO interview already? They gave one without all required documents? Also do you guys bring your parents when travelling to interviews and do you wear suits for your interviews???
Thanks for any help and comments :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of interviewees bring their parents to the interview. I personally left them at home because I didn't need any extra stress! That part is totally up to you. I would definitely recommend wearing a suit to the interview. It is not required but it obviously makes you look more professional. Also, at some point during the day you will sit down with someone from student services and they will go over the additional documents you need to complete your application.

Congrats on getting an interview at SCO! Your interview day should be very laid back and enjoyable. Have fun and good luck.

Thanks a lot for the help. What are the chances of getting in once you get an interview at SCO, and what questions do they normally ask?? Especially if you only have 2 years of university under your belt as of yet.:)?

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll ask you about academics, your extracurriculars, why optometry, stuff like that. We can't tell you anything about your chances of getting accepted without knowing what the rest of your app is like. There used to be an interview feedback section on here somewhere, I'm not sure if it still exists or not.

It's still here. It's at the verrrryyy top of the page, said "interview feedback", but here's a link for the scrollable challenged.

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/schools

Select optometry schools and have at it. Good luck!

edit: I realize it's sept 4 today...so hope you had a good time! You can use this link for future interviews!

no, no lol. I haven't even scheduled my interview yet. That was just the date...

Oh, well enjoy the link then. :p Good luck on your interview!

I wish more people would enter information into the Interview Feedback. For instance, most schools I'm looking at barely have responses from the previous year so unless I want to go all the way back to 2008ish, there aren't questions to help me. I think that's the reason there are a lot of "Interview help!" threads starting in the forum.

I have an interview at SCO on Monday. I'm wearing a suite, I visited ICO last year and all the male interviewees were wearing suites. The one thing (in my opinion) that is bad about the SCO interview is that it is closed file. I am not bringing my parents, but most interviewees do it seems.