SCO interview, is true, worth to try? please advise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

startlearn

Reaction score
1: my OAT is TS 330 and SC 330. but my GPA only 2.8 ( too low).
I applied SCO in Oct, (becuase that time, some people in this forum suggested me
SCO focus on OAT over GPA.)
the school told me, wait for my fall semester grade, then make decision because of my low GPA.

( last term I took 5 courses all I got A+ or A, all are above 80% some is 93%).
but even that, after add to GPA, the updated GPA still only 3.01 to 3.06).

but today I email to them my last term final results to SCO at 4PM,
after 1 hour, 5PM, I got email ask me to interview
in Feb. ( I am sure that's the system auto-sending).

Do you think is true? because SCO have 100% board exam pass rate for 2 years,
they must have very high OAT and GPA and very competive:
for my OAT 330 and GPA only above 3.0. do you think can get acceptance?

Another concern: I am sure every school must have some policy for international students ratio..
only give some number for foreign students including Canadian (or some percentage).

Also some people in this forums said, SCO almost all seats are full.
some of them already got interview, still on the waitlist.

Maybe they just want to make me happy, give me for interview, then reject?
(because I had bad experience at some school, they gave me interview, I flew there
then got rejected because of low GPA. ( that's in Nov. didn't even wait for final exam).

for this kind of GPA and OAT, Do you think it worth to try?
or don't waste time and money for interview?

please give me some advice.

thanks and sorry to bother you.

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted to SCO with a below average GPA. I do not think it is hurt to go for a interview. I know it is time consuming and expensive. If SCO is one of your top choices. I do not think is waste of your money.

thank you so much for your encourage. what the average GPA? ( my onl 3.05, less than 3.1).

and what the OAT can accept?
thanks again

Members don't see this ad :)
thank you so much for your encourage. what the average GPA? ( my onl 3.05, less than 3.1).

and what the OAT can accept?
thanks again

My GPA in college was 3.18. I was told that I was in the lower end of it but my GPA for my Master was better like 3.5. I think SCO cares more about the OAT than the GPA. I know someone with low GPA and high OAT got accepted. Do you think SCO will be your first choice if you got accepted? Have you apply to other places and did you got accepted to any of them?

Last edited:
thanks for your info. but you have master degree and higher GPA.that's differnt.

I did applied other school, some got rejected. so far I got one accpeted. but that's is not my first choice.

I am also waiting another 2 school, but just this SCO got too fast to get interview. ( within one hour after I sent to my latest marks for last term).
so I am worry about that.

thanks

thanks for your info. but you have master degree and higher GPA.that's differnt.

I did applied other school, some got rejected. so far I got one accpeted. but that's is not my first choice.

I am also waiting another 2 school, but just this SCO got too fast to get interview. ( within one hour after I sent to my latest marks for last term).
so I am worry about that.

thanks
I think SCO is a great school. I applied to ICO, PCO, and SCO. I got accepted to all three of them. I decided to accept SCO because the cost of living and the board passing rate. you can accept the interview first and hold a spot while you wait for other schools to reply. If you got other interview that you like to go and got accepted then you can cancel the interview immediately. which school is you first choice?

thank you so much for your info.
I called them and schedule the interview on Feb 1 (all Jan 18 and jan 25 full).

sorry I have some question if you don't mind since you already accepted SCO.

1. which year you are? 2019 or you already second year student in SCO?
2: I checked Memphis city profie., this city is one of the highest crime rate in the whole USA.
so is very dangaurous ? you feel scare when you walk on the street?
night time is same when you go home from school?
are you live on campus? (if you are secondary year )?

sorry I asked this question becasue I am in Canada, never have this kind of scarey.

I am class of 2023. I applied same cycle as you but earlier. I grew up in Memphis, TN but I am currently in Washington State. There is no dorm in the campus. you can get reasonable rent close to the school. Memphis is not the safest place but I do not think is super dangerous. You just need to avoid Beale street and downtown area alone at night. If you live in mud island or so, It will be very safe. If you decide to go for the interview, you can spend couple days exploring the city. I spent a week in PA and Chicago when I was interviewing there. Where do you live in Canada? you can get airbnb for cheaper price than hotel. Uber is everywhere.

thank you so much for your quick reply and all the information.
I couldn't PM you. could you pm me if you don't mind?
thanks again

I could not pm you too. haha. Do you have other social media?

you don't have "start a conversation" so I can't PM you.
but I don't know how to make myself have: "start a conversation" so you can't PM me too?

you don't have "start a conversation" so I can't PM you.
but I don't know how to make myself have: "start a conversation" so you can't PM me too?

Sorry, I cannot pm you . Do you use Facebook? After I got accepted to SCO, the school invite me for the Class of 2023 on Facebook. All the student got accepted and the admission staff are on the list. If you have more questions, you can ask them. Some of them are from Canada too. They might able to tell you more about the school.

Sorry, I cannot pm you . Do you use Facebook? After I got accepted to SCO, the school invite me for the Class of 2023 on Facebook. All the student got accepted and the admission staff are on the list. If you have more questions, you can ask them. Some of them are from Canada too. They might able to tell you more about the school.

thanks for your information. can you PM (I don't know why I can't PM). or if you don't mind. could we use facebook or email?
sorry about that, I am very worry about SCO.