SCO vs UHCO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flairy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone:

I have a difficult decision to make between SCO and UHCO. I got accepted to both and really liked both programs. The cost for me would be the same at both and I have contacts in both Memphis and Houston.

So I guess what I am asking which program as a whole is the better one?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know anything about UHCO so I'm obviously biased. At this point, you should think about things like cost (looks like you've got that covered, although you must have gotten a nice scholarship/be in state at UHCO for the costs to be the same) and where you think you would feel more comfortable. Which area did you like more? Where do you think you'll be the most successful? I know it's a tough decision to make when you really love both schools. If you have any SCO questions feel free to ask! Good luck with your decision!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about UHCO :) Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to both of you for your help. May I ask why you both decided on the school that you are attending? What do you like about them? As well as do you like the cities you are living in? How are the courses?

For the student who attends SCO, do you know if they have an OD/PHD program? As well as can you do any research while you are there? When do you start in clinic?

Thanks again!

Thanks to both of you for your help. May I ask why you both decided on the school that you are attending? What do you like about them? As well as do you like the cities you are living in? How are the courses?

For the student who attends SCO, do you know if they have an OD/PHD program? As well as can you do any research while you are there? When do you start in clinic?

Thanks again!

I chose SCO because of their excellent program and because it's the most affordable. I also love the tight-knit community of students and faculty. I'm not a huge fan of Memphis but if you're a city person you'll love it, there's a ton of stuff to do here.

We do not have a PhD program. There are a lot of opportunities for research here! And we start seeing patients our first semester of third year, although the second years do the pretesting (and vision screenings at the local schools).