Score Transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldfishPharmD

walking on a dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to search for this answer with no luck.

On the NABP website and bulletin, it states you have up to 90 days after you sit for the NAPLEX to transfer your score to different states. However, my issue is what if you decide after the 90 days that you want to apply for a license in another state where you're not allowed to reciprocate your license?

I'm taking the NAPLEX in the state that I'm doing my residency. As of right now, I don't meet the requirements for a California license (I don't have the 900 intern hours). On the CA BOP site, it states you can get a license after a year of practicing as a pharmacist in another state, so that is what I plan to do. However, will I have to retake the NAPLEX since it will be way after the 90 days? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can not find a clear answer.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been trying to search for this answer with no luck.

On the NABP website and bulletin, it states you have up to 90 days after you sit for the NAPLEX to transfer your score to different states. However, my issue is what if you decide after the 90 days that you want to apply for a license in another state where you're not allowed to reciprocate your license?

I'm taking the NAPLEX in the state that I'm doing my residency. As of right now, I don't meet the requirements for a California license (I don't have the 900 intern hours). On the CA BOP site, it states you can get a license after a year of practicing as a pharmacist in another state, so that is what I plan to do. However, will I have to retake the NAPLEX since it will be way after the 90 days? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I can not find a clear answer.

After 90 days you have to wait a year to reciprocate and it's not a dumb question lol you will only have to do the law exam for that state

After 90 days you have to wait a year to reciprocate and it's not a dumb question lol you will only have to do the law exam for that state

But what if you can't reciprocate for a certain state (like California)? You have to get a primary license there.

So, I still don't know what to do to transfer my score after the 90 days, but I emailed the CA BOP and asked them if I went ahead and transferred my score now, how long it would last on file for them. I was told it would not expire, so I'll go ahead and do a score transfer after I take my exam! Just wanted to let anyone else know if you're interested in getting a CA license.