SCS Industry Preference

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lmsanscafe

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you choose which company to use for your SCS? What is your personal rationale and experience? They all put on a show and tout this or that but would like to hear your personal takes.

Members don't see this ad.

Whoever has reps that actually work. Meaning, call the patients, call me with issues they become aware of, help coordinate, arrive on time, etc.

Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
All the reps in my area are super attentive. I don't think there's a statistically significant difference in the trial to perm ratio between companies. Cost is a big factor.

BSc has the cheapest leads. Steers the best IMO.

Abbott has a tiny battery.

Nevro MAY be better for back pain.

My problem with Nevro:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231005_155938_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231005_155938_Chrome.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They did a great thing with the DPN work but did not anticipate every other SCS company being to add on that indication immediately after them.

They did a great thing with the DPN work but did not anticipate every other SCS company being to add on that indication immediately after them.

It’s been a minute since I did SCS for peripheral neuropathy. I did a a couple with nevro but my rep is terrible and I stopped using them.

Do all the stim companies now have the indication to do SCS for DPN?

Do any stim companies have an official indication for non diabetic peripheral neuropathy?

Can anyone else verify this? I’ve been told recently from my boston reps to NOT use diabetic pn as a dx.

Because they might go bankrupt like Nuvectra or bought out and your “team” dissolved.

Reactions: 6 users
well, they are going to eventually get bought out and merged in to on one of the other companies anyways. because market consolidation is part and parcel to capitalism, right?

i dont think that means that their product would "disappear"...

even now, when the battery dies, you can replace with a competitors product...

I no longer do competitive swaps as it permanently eliminates the patients ability to get a MRI.
true, however, recently something fell through the cracks and a competitive swap with leads from one manufacturer and battery from another (both respectively mri conditional), had a full body mri and did just fine.... 🤷‍♂️

Correct, I would like to read the case reports where a patient has been harmed by the SCS/MRI. I don’t think there have been many? I have never read one.

Reactions: 1 user
Regarding mri, labeling and clinical risk are two very different things