SCS Utilization Sky-Rocketing: Implications for Pain?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drusso

Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
Reaction score
1628179872942.png

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
but we have all but eliminated chronic pain as a disease entity with stims!

and they paid for these fancy pointed shoes...

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
If a patient fails a stim trial with boston , do you retry with another company later?

but we have all but eliminated chronic pain as a disease entity with stims!

and they paid for these fancy pointed shoes...
Just saw a patient treated by one of those fancy pointed shoe men; had a stim trial after 1 lesi, no other treatments, wanted $$$$ down up front before perm and extra $$$$ for occipital neuralgia treatment (main concern) - patient couldn't afford it so came to me.
This is why utilization is up.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
We need to come together in this field better.

this isn’t a humility race.

If someone wants to wear New balance, great.

if someone wants to wear something else cool.

Let’s come together as a field and not care where people want to spend their money.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, Medicare increased 63650 by 21% last year alone. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it...

Just saw a patient treated by one of those fancy pointed shoe men; had a stim trial after 1 lesi, no other treatments, wanted $$$$ down up front before perm and extra $$$$ for occipital neuralgia treatment (main concern) - patient couldn't afford it so came to me.
This is why utilization is up.

What brand of shoes?

1628269446878.png

The pointier the shoes , the further I stay away
ah, i know a terrible doc who stims anyone/thing with a heartbeat. his shoes are equally if not more pointy. the math checks out

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
The amount of failed scs systems, and incorrectly placed systems I've had to explant over the years, is one too many. Most of them really didn't even have an ablation. Just a single LESI and then straight to stim.
I’m shocked commercial insurances would cover this. Are these postlami patients?

This is why Medicare's doing PA's for SCS now I assume.

Reactions: 1 users
Pain surgeon. Local guy has advertised as such for years.