Secondary essay

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmayer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread for this but I don't want to wait for people to respond in the secondary prompt thread. I am looking for people to read over and give me suggestions on my secondary essay for MSUCOM. If you are willing to post below and I will send it to you in a PM.

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

What was the prompt and how long is your essay?

What was the prompt and how long is your essay?

Describe a personal experience or ethical challenge you have faced that has influenced the development of your character. How has this experience helped you to develop specific skills and/or abilities that are essential to practicing osteopathic medicine?

1 page single spaced

Members don't see this ad :)
Describe a personal experience or ethical challenge you have faced that has influenced the development of your character. How has this experience helped you to develop specific skills and/or abilities that are essential to practicing osteopathic medicine?

1 page single spaced

Wow! That's a long secondary essay. Have all your responses been that wordy? Is this common?

Wow! That's a long secondary essay. Have all your responses been that wordy? Is this common?

Definitely not even close. This is my longest. Usually they are between 1/4 and 1/2 page single spaced.

Definitely not even close. This is my longest. Usually they are between 1/4 and 1/2 page single spaced.

Whew! Thanks for the response. I really thought I was doing something wrong. All of my essays are between 150-300 words.

Okay, it's now less than 3/4 of a page. Any takers :D

I'm down to take a look, PM me.

Oh man, this essay is giving me serious writers block. What sucks is they don't interview, so i have to convince then with my writing, I'm really good in person but not the strongest writer.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 via tapatalk

Yea i agree... and iv'e realized a problem... in my PS, I talked about experiences that have shaped me to adopt qualities important to be a successful physician. I wrote my personal essay for MSU and ended up using the same examples in my PS. FML... I don't know what to do. These examples are honestly the only ones that have truly shaped me to adopt qualities for practicing osteopathic medicine. Should I scrap it and start with something fresh (assuming I can BS something...)? :scared: